T case drop

IronCity

TJ Enthusiast
Did a 1" T case drop on a 2.5 inch lift and now I'm experiencing my my gears being thrown out wile driving. Do I need to cut the floor for the needed room. Going to take it out for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odds are good the tcase shifter linkage is just out of adjustment now after the 1" tcase drop. Once the skidplate is off, you just need a 1/2" wrench to loosen the linkage's set bolt that holds it in adjustment and readjust it a bit. It's trial-and-error but you shouldn't need to adjust it much. The adjustment only consists of moving the shifter rod in or out of the bracket the set bolt holds it in position in.

The set bolt that holds the shift rod in position is circled in red in this photo...

transfer case linkage.jpg

Did a 1" T case drop on a 2.5 inch lift and now I'm experiencing my my gears being thrown out wile driving. Do I need to cut the floor for the needed room. Going to take it out for now.

When you say "gears being thrown out" are you referring to the transmission gears (assuming you have a manual, no info in your profile), or the transfer case gears? If it's the transmission, the above tc adjustment, while a good idea, won't help with the transmission going out of gear.

Reactions: IronCity
When you say "gears being thrown out" are you referring to the transmission gears (assuming you have a manual, no info in your profile), or the transfer case gears? If it's the transmission, the above tc adjustment, while a good idea, won't help with the transmission going out of gear.

Sorry about that. When I shift trans gears it gets thrown out, especially when I'm in fourth. Hit a bump and it throws it in neutral. I figured that out after he said it but I think he was referring to 4x4. How do I fix this? I took the 1" drop out, should I go with a 1/2" drop?

See if a lesser drop will still get rid of the vibes and solve your gear issue. On my 2.5"lift I stacked 5/8" washers for my TCase drop and had no problems. Of course, every TJ is seems to be unique

Reactions: IronCity
Did you happen to drive it while the drop spacers were removed? If you get no drive line vibrations with no tc spacers, you don' t need the spacers.