Arizona Table Mesa Rd (1-17-21)

Crown King to Payson is a nice ride and can be done
That was fun. Thanks y'all !

Where too next ?
Senator Highway is an easy trail, but nice scenery and Crown King is a great destination. Coming from Phx you would take the Bumble Bee exit up through Cleator to CK then continue on to Prescott. We have done Chino Valley to CK, had lunch, and back home mid to late afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: RINC and Blackiosh
View from the back on Sunday .........

7E7032A0-C1D9-4D3E-ACD4-3DDFC1DCEAE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: RINC
DUDES! GO east off the freeway. Jeep Badge of Honor is 100% screwed up on this trail.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/blog/the-complete-list-of-jeep-badge-of-honor-trails
Or Check-in at the Freeway. Drive 45 MPH for 7 minutes west until you hit the locked gate.

Congratulations! You completed the Badge of Honor. Look for humping bald eagles...

Drive 45 MPH back to the freeway and do the REAL trail on the east side.
There still seems to be a huge amount of confusion on this trail! The badge of honor trail IS NOT THE NEW RIVER TRAIL! It is the portion of west Mesa road that is WEST of I17! The description above is correct from what I understand. You go west on west mesa road from I17 till you hit the gate, then turn around and go back! You have then completed it. then you can go east from I17 on table Mesa which turns into the new river trail for a decent and pretty trail, but still not very challenging! Doesn’t everyone that has done the trail agree? It is the west of I17 portion of west Mesa road?

There still seems to be a huge amount of confusion on this trail! The badge of honor trail IS NOT THE NEW RIVER TRAIL! It is the portion of west Mesa road that is WEST of I17! The description above is correct from what I understand. You go west on west mesa road from I17 till you hit the gate, then turn around and go back! You have then completed it. then you can go east from I17 on table Mesa which turns into the new river trail for a decent and pretty trail, but still not very challenging! Doesn’t everyone that has done the trail agree? It is the west of I17 portion of west Mesa road?
The badge of honor trail is on the west side of the I-17. I agree... It is not much more than a graded dirt road with a few exceptions. I agree. But.......If you read the description on the app it states "from this trail you can access many more difficult trails to test your off-road skill". The real trail challenges are off the dirt road and on the many side trails, Upper terminator, Lower terminator , Raw deal , Crap shoot, Collateral damage to name a few. If you stay on the road you are missing the whole reason they made it a badge trail.
Just my $.02

I agree very much. I was just trying to talk about how many people on this string think the new river trail is the table mesa jeep honor trail. It isn't. As for the other trails you mention, I agree. I have done Crap Shoot and lower terminator. Crap shoot is a very great trail with a lot of natural beauty and some nice technical obstacles and fun. Lower terminator can be just plain nasty!! I am due to try upper terminator when I go run table mesa again to officially log it as an honor trail for me. Thanks for responding.