Ed Sippel

I have had my tailgate bar for several years. I had the back window unzipped and the bar was loose. I was going along and a gust of wind pushed the bar outside of the truck and it was floppin around, so I pulled over to put things right, only to discover the rubber seal was gone. I have looked around and can't seem to find just the rubber weather strip that goes on the bar. I would really rather not buy a new bar just to get a new seal. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I would be able to find a replacement, or if they are even available?

So, I figured it out. That piece of rubber is a standard piece of car door weather strip. I bought a 5 ft piece on Amazon, and I’m sure you can find it locally as well.

Here is a side view shot of what I got. I could have gone one size bigger but this is making a good seal.

B85EA0BC-CE47-4216-AF26-934590D00EEC.jpeg

So, I figured it out. That piece of rubber is a standard piece of car door weather strip. I bought a 5 ft piece on Amazon, and I’m sure you can find it locally as well.

Here is a side view shot of what I got. I could have gone one size bigger but this is making a good seal.
Got a photo of it installed on the bar?

What size did you get and what size do you think might have been better?

These aren't the best shots. If you want, I can remove the bar and peel back a little of the stripping so you can see how its attached to the bar.
Looks like it would work fine. I actually looked at mine to see. It seems to be oriented differently, but maybe it does not matter. Photos looking at the bottom:
IMG_0015[1].JPG
IMG_0017[1].JPG