Taking the stickers off...

You know, I actually like aluminum colored wheels also - and my old 97 had really sweet wheels that were best of both worlds, alumnum wheel with black center - it was really nice. Unfortunately, I bought them from a friend (no receipt to look up etc) and have zero memory of the brand, lol!

The only reason I did solid black on this one is for the black and white/Stormtrooper sorta look I'm going for ;)
6047642735_a2836e389c_b.jpg

I guess I'm too old for black wheels too. I wouldn't go for chrome like I did back in the sixties but I do like an aluminum finish on my wheels.

The red TJ is my previous TJ which was stolen, the black is what I'm running now.

View attachment 8655 View attachment 8656

I'm running the exact wheels, the ones on your red one that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still love those wheels, the American Racing #23. So much so that when my black TJ didn't come with a spare that's what I bought for it.
Those rims are freaking sweet! Gonna have to log that away in the memory bank for when this set of tires is toast and I go to 15 inch wheels

Last edited:
I was going to ask the same thing...

If so, I wonder why the difference in the gap between the slider and the body on the two TJs?
I have had them on both, and also love them!
The reason there is a gap on this set, is that I ordered them for stock body height, and not for the body lift.
I'll be ordering a second set eventually, just to close the gap up.
First,though, I need to get the belly-up kit etc installed. I have a list... ;)

Reactions: Ron505
You know, I actually like aluminum colored wheels also - and my old 97 had really sweet wheels that were best of both worlds, alumnum wheel with black center - it was really nice. Unfortunately, I bought them from a friend (no receipt to look up etc) and have zero memory of the brand, lol!

The only reason I did solid black on this one is for the black and white/Stormtrooper sorta look I'm going for ;)
View attachment 8657
That '97 Sahara was sweet. I have a place in my heart for Jeep Green, my favorite color for a Jeep, especially with the spice top. That photo is pushing me closer to a set of Dropkick Slyders, I have to say...

Last edited: