Tap in to switched power for aux fuse block

This is what I was thinking. Just have that tap trigger the relay.

If this works out, I'll have plenty of them laying around since eliminating the ones I'm powering a couple small accessories with is the whole point of this exercise.
To clarify some, that relay would be the one that powers up the aux fuse block. So, you have to size it accordingly.

Reactions: BoldlyGoing
Is there a preferred brand or style of relay any of you can recommend to power the fuse block? I'll be doing this soon, thanks.

Is there a preferred brand or style of relay any of you can recommend to power the fuse block? I'll be doing this soon, thanks.
I like the Bosch 4 and 5 pin. I don't know that it makes that much difference as I've used a lot of other stuff and they all seem to function well. The rest depends on your amp load.

Reactions: LJ Jim
I should have mentioned that I bought an odyssey battery with both side and top terminals. The winch cables mount to the side terminals and everything else to the top terminals.
Not sure about the Odyssey, but on an Optima; It was my understanding that the side terminals were not rated for the amperage of a winch.

Not sure about the Odyssey, but on an Optima; It was my understanding that the side terminals were not rated for the amperage of a winch.
Odyssey and Northstar both sell Group 34/78 batteries, which have the profile of a Group 34 (top post terminals) and 78 (front threaded terminals) combined, as well as terminals for both. Both sets of terminals are rated to whatever the battery can supply.

I chose a Northstar AGM-24M instead, which has both Group 24 terminals (top post, same as Group 34) as well as marine (threaded stud) terminals. Like the Group 34/78, both connections can handle the full amperage of the battery. The Group 24 has an extra 15% capacity over the 34/78, and is 1" taller.

Reactions: SSTJ and LONGJP2