Tapping sound after installing new plugs

Mich2020

I just changed the spark plugs on my 2005 TJ 4,0 automatic. Now getting a tapping sound from the engine. I bought the Jeep used. It ran fine, but the engine ran a little rough, but not bad. I changed the plugs because (1) it ran a little rough and (2) who knows when the plugs were changed last.
Now it is making a tapping sound from the center of the engine. I installed Bosch double platinum FR8VPP33U 8115.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Pull the plugs back out and see if a piston is hitting a spark plug. Compare the new to the old and see if what you bought are too long. Do it soon or…..

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Bosch plugs are not usually a good choice for a Jeep. But my bet is they're the wrong model plug and too long. Three good choices for a newer engine like yours include the 100k mile double platinum Autolite APP-985 or Champion 7412, or 200k mile iridium Autolite XP-985.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Thanks to all who replied. I will check it out.

Bosch plugs are not usually a good choice for a Jeep. But my bet is they're the wrong model plug and too long. Three good choices for a newer engine like yours include the 100k mile double platinum Autolite APP-985 or Champion 7412, or 200k mile iridium Autolite XP-985.

I switch to Autolite and the tapping sound is gone. Thanks!!!