Temperature gauge running warm

You are correct. Overheating is when the car actually overheats (is in the red). My post says nothing about 215 being overheating. I’m not trying to be mean but please read my post before responding to it. My concern is that A, it always sat dead on 210 before it overheated so, why isn’t it now? And B it sat at 215-220 on a cool day, I think it’ll rise on another hot day like the day it overheated as in FULL red. I’m asking for people’s ideas on the problem seeing as it seems the waterpump fixed my overheating but it hasn’t fully gone back to normal.

I appreciate your link but I do not need to replace my radiator. It has already been replaced. Also, I don’t need a kit to replace a radiator. They have a petcock on them to drain them and a funnel is like $5 bucks at any auto part store. No need for a kit.

As far as drilling the little holt in the thermostat. I usually do but I didn’t have a drill or drill bit around at the time.

If the radiator is not leaking likely it is fine, however if it isn't a mopar replacement the cooling capacity is unknown to us on the board.

With regards to the funnel "kit" to each his own, but the nice thing about that "kit" of funnel and various seals is it allows you to put a volume of antifreeze above your radiator fill hole, it seals off so the burping bubbles, expansion and so forth does not result in spills. I don't think any decent mechanic (most folks on this board) NEED it but it sure makes it quicker, nicer, and less messy. The real benefit (to me anyway) is that it has a plunger to seal the funnel when the cooling system has taken all it can and allows the user to seal the reservoir (funnel) and remove from the radiator without spilling.

The lack of the hole and likely no jiggler in your thermostat may be the issue. Over the years of owning mine I have purchased two of the recommended stant thermostats and neither had a hole, however, I drilled both so I cant confirm that the lack of a hole causes the issue you are having, just sharing my experiences and trying to help.

The OE Mopar thermostat does not have a bleed hole so the lack of one in an aftermarket thermostat wouldn't cause it to overheat. The factory cooling system has plenty of excess cooling capacity, the absence of a bleed hole in the thermostat won't cause it to overheat when the system is otherwise functioning as designed.

Over the years of owning mine I have purchased two of the recommended stant thermostats and neither had a hole, however, I drilled both so I cant confirm that the lack of a hole causes the issue you are having
The Stant thermostat for the 2.5 has the correct jiggle valve for next time. Blaine drills holes in all the ones he does because He ain't got time to wait for the bleed down. I'd take his advice or get the correct thermostat if it was me. I guess opinions vary, big surprise.

I vacuum filled my system and had no issues. I recommend anybody who works on cooling systems more than a few times a year to buy one.

A couple of things come to mind. Maybe I didn't have the reservoir full enough. Maybe I didn't use the heater at all. (Not likely) Maybe I didn't drive it enough to let it do its thing. In any case, after many many miles of this I used the burping procedure and got air out of the system.

Well, despite what everyone said about it being a self burping system.
I burped the system multiple times and it’s been good since. It’s actually sitting slightly below 210 now. Thanks for the reminder that burping a system thoroughly is a very important part.

The Stant thermostat for the 2.5 has the correct jiggle valve for next time. Blaine drills holes in all the ones he does because He ain't got time to wait for the bleed down. I'd take his advice or get the correct thermostat if it was me. I guess opinions vary, big surprise.

I used to have a 2.5 and if I recall correctly, only certain brands had the hole already drilled. I think it’s hit or miss. Also, I got the correct thermostat from the get go. Not a stant but the correct temp. Anyway, problem’s fixed. It ended up just needing to be burped more.

Reactions: ejay and pagrey