Texas Texas Jeepers!

Hey friends. Me and my dad are trying to decide between Wolf Caves and Hot Springs for our wheeling trip next weekend. I've never been to Wolf Caves, so I'm asking you folks to get a feel for how much we'll be able to do there.

I'm on 33s, locked and tucked. He's in a Tacoma on 33s, with a small lift and rear locker. I get the feeling that Wolf Caves and Katemcy Rocks are more geared towards buggies, but their trail map shows quite a few "moderate" trails, and a good number of "difficult" trails. I'm pretty comfortable with technical stuff, but my dad is not quite as much.

Would we have a full 2 days worth of wheeling at Wolf Caves, or would we not find that much to do?

paging @JMT & @Bob in Texas & @b0xcar

Hey friends. Me and my dad are trying to decide between Wolf Caves and Hot Springs for our wheeling trip next weekend. I've never been to Wolf Caves, so I'm asking you folks to get a feel for how much we'll be able to do there.

I'm on 33s, locked and tucked. He's in a Tacoma on 33s, with a small lift and rear locker. I get the feeling that Wolf Caves and Katemcy Rocks are more geared towards buggies, but their trail map shows quite a few "moderate" trails, and a good number of "difficult" trails. I'm pretty comfortable with technical stuff, but my dad is not quite as much.

Would we have a full 2 days worth of wheeling at Wolf Caves, or would we not find that much to do?

paging @JMT & @Bob in Texas & @b0xcar

Wolf Caves and Katemcy are two adjacent properties with similar terrain. Wolf Caves is a larger property than Katemcy and has a lot more trails y'all could do. However, you can probably only do blue and green trails with a few yellow's mixed in. Your Dad will not be comfortable on any yellow trails. He sounds like blue mostly with a few greens mixed in.

With those limitations I don't think you would get 2 days worth of wheelin in at Wolf Caves. You might also find yourself in an occasional pickle. It's still my favorite place to wheel...

- JMT

Reactions: Tob
@Tob, Wolf Caves is probably my favorite wheeling park in Texas. I think y’all would have a great time there, there are some really nasty buggy trails but also great milder trails. Moderately built rigs have lots of great trails with nice line choices. I think it would be definitely worth checking out! Plus no sxs! Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: JMT and Tob
Hey everyone!

Ill be taking a trip up to crossbar ranch in Oklahoma this weekend (19th), if anyone is headed that way or looking for a trip I'm looking for a group

Hey everyone!

Ill be taking a trip up to crossbar ranch in Oklahoma this weekend (19th), if anyone is headed that way or looking for a trip I'm looking for a group

its a great run - a couple of friends just went up a weekend or 2 ago, we did a sunrise run to beat the heat and still came off the trails in 100*'s. I might be down for another run after it cools off a bit

- have fun!

its a great run - a couple of friends just went up a weekend or 2 ago, we did a sunrise run to beat the heat and still came off the trails in 100*'s. I might be down for another run after it cools off a bit

- have fun!

Same, I'll be looking for a weekend to get out there once it cools down this fall!

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be down for a trip up there once the weather cools off a bit.

Hey Texas jeepers. I'm heading to Wolf Caves for Thanksgiving weekend and planning to wheel the 24th-26th. Anyone from this group gonna be there?
Hey Tob, should be able to make one of those days work I’ll let you know!

Reactions: Tob
One of the days I might have to tag along to a wheeling park; I’d have to stick to mild trails because the LJ is in Colorado for the foreseeable future, but I’m refurbishing a YJ here in San Antonio.

Hey @Tob it looks like Friday the 24th will be my only day to wheel, let me know if this works for you. Thanks, Bob

Bob, we decided to postpone until Memorial Day weekend. Thanksgiving weekend will be right in the middle of final exams and we are about to buy a house pretty soon, so it’s just not good timing. I’ll ping you again when we go in May though!

Reactions: Bob in Texas
Hi Guys, I need some minor welding work on my jeep; can anyone recommend a body shop around San Antonio that does that?

Howdy all, recent TX transplant here. I’m in Abilene and always looking for fellow Jeepers to hit the trails with. Currently on my 12th or so Jeep and owned them all up to the current JLUR which I was disappointed with. My current rigs are a 2017 JKUR and an ‘05 Willys.
Anyhow, I’m a long time lurker so I figured I’d finally join the fun.

IMG_0393.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_0391.jpeg