Texas Texas Jeepers!

Awesome, awesome, awesome! That was a tough day two days for me. On Thursday evening @KCsTJ showed up to spend the night. On Friday morning we went to work installing his 2”SL. ProConp springs with 0.75” spacer up front and ProComp springs on the rear. Rear TrackBar Relocation bracket was a pain, as usual. His from upper shock bolts were very stubborn. We cut one shock off at the rod and filed it down on both sides so we could get a crescent on it to hold it. We were eventually successful. We also tapped the perches and put some homemade bumpstops in. Also added some stubby bumper end caps that @CodaMan gave me and I promised I’d pass along! Done my friend! He netted 2” up front and 2.75” in the rear with no back seat and a soft top. What a day! Lookin fine!
A2377FEC-BEFA-4A7B-BD1F-F60573F9C85D.jpeg

C90A040C-000B-4CD9-8A3A-45A1F1390B20.jpeg

93FDD4F6-9617-48AF-B646-D29E2D0C7C01.jpeg

Then @KCsTJ went to work installing some Autolite Double Platinum plugs for me. Cool! Once those were in I took it for a spin. It’s runnimg smoother. Then he took it for a spin. 45 min later I went to move the Jeep in and NoStart. WTH? Well, after going to eat we came back together and worked till after 10pm trying to track it down. Without @KCsTJ tgere I would have been completely lost. So helpful. And the advice from @Boinked and @rasband and @Rob5589 and @Ranger_b0b was invaluable. We basically narrowed it dow to the actuator pin or ignition cylinder. Next morning I don’t want to wake up. I’m done. We finally had out the door to go to AutoZone to pick up an ignition key cylinder. I tried to fix it in the lot and it doesn’t change a thing. So we decide @KCsTJ should go on and meet up with other guys to wheel and I’ll go home and work on this thing. On the way home I decide to turn back and get the two other parts in our steering column, the ignition switch in the actuator pin. They weren’t too expensive like 67 bucks total. At least this way I have all three parts. When I got home I broke into it and I didn’t take long to find piece of metal from the actuator pan was broken. So I didn’t bother with the other two parts I just replaced it. The dorman instructions are very good. Within 30 minutes I turn the key in it started. Now I’m off to go WHEELIN’!
850B2567-3FA3-44BB-9AEE-6137E191C75B.jpeg

E1CF36E8-F725-4357-A8D2-5A0D1254B489.jpeg

051C505B-055B-4DE9-9700-7EF95116D849.jpeg

4D3DE790-A138-462C-AD84-91820F0187E2.jpeg

11EB2474-26B5-4AD4-A57B-A8A1A8D5DCA2.jpeg

A long day, but not over yet! At the end @Blackoutt had a fuel line come apart. The smell of gas was everywhere. Not much gas lost though. We finally got a solution to steal some breather tube and bridge the gap and zip tie the two ends as best we could. After a few tries and winch onto the road, he was able to drive it out! Yeah baby!
DA62A87B-52C9-40EC-B3D6-7DBBC79B3F6A.jpeg

View attachment 61487

It was great seeing you guys out there! This made our group’s day! 13 in one spot unplanned!
Digging our meet up! Shout out to the TJ/LJ DFW group. Gave us some nice rigs to peruse. Glad you guys make runs down here. There is also Wolf Caves, Katemcy/K2, and Trees Ranch if you all want to make a run there. Let us know Goldilox!

TJ = True Jeep.

Digging our meet up! Shout out to the TJ/LJ DFW group. Gave us some nice rigs to peruse. Glad you guys make runs down here. There is also Wolf Caves, Katemcy/K2, and Trees Ranch if you all want to make a run there. Let us know Goldilox!

TJ = True Jeep.

Will do! Loved this park! Wolf caves is another on our list. Feel free to join our Facebook too! I’ll try to remember to look here when we are planning trips down this way! Super fun meetup!

Just a note to all Texas Jeepers ... come wheeling with us next time!
View attachment 61487

It was great seeing you guys out there! This made our group’s day! 13 in one spot unplanned!
It was nice to meet you Goldilox ! Love your Rubihara... im glad you found the forum, its a terrific resource for us Jeep heads :)
Why dont you post a pic of your Rubihara, we would love to see it. Hope to run into you guys again.

Reactions: b0xcar and JMT
Will do! Loved this park! Wolf caves is another on our list. Feel free to join our Facebook too! I’ll try to remember to look here when we are planning trips down this way! Super fun meetup!
Guess I better get a Facebook account again.

Wolf Caves is a granite paradise.
EAD4C6A7-0D83-4EB7-85A6-4C45CD83DB6F.jpeg

CA7E3FFF-82B3-45B3-9FB7-1E7A309D3712.jpeg

Many thanks to @JMT for helping install my 2" lift ... and with no vibes up tp 80 mph! (i dont plan on going any faster).
I didnt take many pics at Hidden Falls cuz my phone battery was near death.
It was a blast wheeling with @b0xcar , @Blackoutt , @Kyle_W, and @JMT .

@b0xcar mounted a Go Pro under his front bumper and got some incredible wheelin footage!

This is a great group to wheel with, its worth the drive from Dallas thru the beautiful Texas hill country.
And to top the day off, about 15 minutes from home the heavens opened up, dumping torrential rain on my TJ, automatic jeep wash!

Last edited:
Just a note to all Texas Jeepers ... come wheeling with us next time!

It was nice to meet you Goldilox ! Love your Rubihara... im glad you found the forum, its a terrific resource for us Jeep heads :)
Why dont you post a pic of your Rubihara, we would love to see it. Hope to run into you guys again.
Oh that was a Rubihara?????

Why don't we put a time down on the calendar to meet up again?

I can pretty much take any Saturday off to go wheeling, except for the ones near Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
Hello Texas Jeepers. I've been at MD Anderson in Houston for a week and hopefully going home Wednesday. Any good mom and pop local diners between Houston and Ft. Worth? Side note, everyone in the Houston area have been so nice. Thanks Texans!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JMT
Hello Texas Jeepers. I've been at MD Anderson in Houston for a week and hopefully going home Wednesday. Any good mom and pop local diners between Houston and Ft. Worth? Side note, everyone in the Houston area have been so nice. Thanks Texans!
Babes is really good, ive been to the one in Arlington but this one is close to you

120 S Main St, Burleson, TX 76028

Really good homestyle dinner and its pretty much all you can eat

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KMG
@Blackoutt , where was your fuel leak, engine compartment? Underneath in the fuel line ?
The coupler from the tank to line leading to engine broke. I cut the breather hose and used that to get me off the trail and to autozone, surprisingly I made it back to Cedar Park (28 miles away) with no problem or loss in performance. I got it all fixed now, used high pressure fuel line and clamps

Reactions: KCsTJ and b0xcar
This is where it broke. Want to say thank you to Tim and Jeremy for helping me out by winching and pulling me out of royal gorge and helping me get rolling again
The break happened near the end of the trail. They pulled my Jeep at least 500 Ft
4cc5499b84b9e17fc2fa734faf5bdc25.jpg

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT