Texas Texas Jeepers!

Ya, on an estimated 6-week project at NAS Corpus Christi (driving to-and-from, on weekends), leaving me scant time at home on weekends. I'll subsequently be succumbing to "CWWS" for a good while (CWWS = Chronic Wheeling Withdrawal Syndrome):(

Latest inpatient surgery on TJ to be completed this afternoon, following which, shop is delivering to my house - what service:)

Will regroup with you soon, on replacing druping Rear 4.5" Coils with RE's, and replacing Upper & Lower Control Arms with RE Adjustable's.

Slowly getting prepped for: 1) MOAB 2) Amazon Rain Forest 3) Zombie Apocalypse.

:cool:

Reactions: b0xcar and KCsTJ
Ya, on an estimated 6-week project at NAS Corpus Christi (driving to-and-from, on weekends), leaving me scant time at home on weekends. I'll subsequently be succumbing to "CWWS" for a good while (CWWS = Chronic Wheeling Withdrawal Syndrome):(

Latest inpatient surgery on TJ to be completed this afternoon, following which, shop is delivering to my house - what service:)

Will regroup with you soon, on replacing druping Rear 4.5" Coils with RE's, and replacing Upper & Lower Control Arms with RE Adjustable's.

Slowly getting prepped for: 1) MOAB 2) Amazon Rain Forest 3) Zombie Apocalypse.

:cool:
Wheel when you get back and get those things done. I can probably come out to your place and spend the day, night and part of a day to get those things in, or maybe just one day if I can get there early. As long as all goes well I think I could get that done in about 5-6 hours.

Reactions: Jeepers-n-Creepers
Wheel when you get back and get those things done. I can probably come out to your place and spend the day, night and part of a day to get those things in, or maybe just one day if I can get there early. As long as all goes well I think I could get that done in about 5-6 hours.

Most excellent :)

Next JMT mod-surgery will likely require an over-nighter here at my homestead. In this way, I'll have ample time to convince you, conversationally, and on behalf of the Brotherhood of Texan Jeepers, to remain in the Motherland (i.e., Tejas) - versus this wild notion of y'all whisk'n off yonder way to Washington:)

Most excellent :)

Next JMT mod-surgery will likely require an over-nighter here at my homestead. In this way, I'll have ample time to convince you, conversationally, and on behalf of the Brotherhood of Texan Jeepers, to remain in the Motherland (i.e., Tejas) - versus this wild notion of y'all whisk'n off yonder way to Washington:)
It may be a while, so you'll have plenty of time to persuade me of your antics...Let's get those springs in so your rig can get leveled back out! I'm going to bring a small air compressor and air gun this time, since it's up and running, should be helpful

Reactions: Jeepers-n-Creepers
Hey, nice work on the front suspension. Glad you’re getting some wrenching time in this weekend. I’d love to be along for teh ride. What new flares are you installing? Save yourself a headache and get a 8mm ratchet wrench to remove them (if you haven’t already!)

I just went with the stock looking replacements for now. The knockoff bushwhackers looked horrible! I have everything removed now, new ones need to go on this weekend. I’m going to pull the inner fender wells to make it all easier.

Most terrified about these upper shock bolts in the rear shearing off right now.

I just went with the stock looking replacements for now. The knockoff bushwhackers looked horrible! I have everything removed now, new ones need to go on this weekend. I’m going to pull the inner fender wells to make it all easier.

Most terrified about these upper shock bolts in the rear shearing off right now.
I’m sure you know to just spray the bolts ever day for a few days with Kroil. Hopefully they will break free. Sometimes a little tightening of the bolt, just barely, will break it free. Then remove. Just some ideas

Reactions: b0xcar
Hi @Blackoutt , do you remember showing me your rear adjustable track bar modification last year?

I am wanting to do this, possibly to both my track bars.

Could you share any tips on your mod, i thought it was a really cool mod that didnt look all that complicated, thanks Brad!

Reactions: Blackout
I’m sure you know to just spray the bolts ever day for a few days with Kroil. Hopefully they will break free. Sometimes a little tightening of the bolt, just barely, will break it free. Then remove. Just some ideas

Thanks Jeremy! Dude, after just some Liquid Wrench soaking and gentle turning all four came out with zero drama. On cloud nine right now I’ve been positive at least one was going to snap for weeks. Beer time and I’ll get back to it tomorrow

Reactions: JMT and b0xcar
Thanks Jeremy! Dude, after just some Liquid Wrench soaking and gentle turning all four came out with zero drama. On cloud nine right now I’ve been positive at least one was going to snap for weeks. Beer time and I’ll get back to it tomorrow
That’s great news. When things go well it gives you confidence to go further!

Can you make it out to Hidden Falls tomorrow? @JMT and @Bob in Texas will be there around 9:15a. I will be there around noon.

I’d love to but my schedule isn’t very flexible right now between working overtime and trying to catch up around the house. I’ll see what I can free up sometime this year and keep an eye on what you guys post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, where's the pics ? :)

I'm talking bout pics and go pro videos of today's Hill Country Wheelers adventure ...? !

Come on boys, post away ! :)
I hope to get some videos up soon.

I definitely had a great time today! We got around today, ran some tough trails. International Highway, Snoopy Falls, Bronco Buster and FM TRO. @JMT put the icing on the cake by completing Loose Rock! Amazing work and heck of a job!! It was a pleasure watching you work.

Hopefully JMT got some good photos! I just took a few here and there.

Snoopy Falls
GOPR0627.JPG

A few from FM TRO

1st try...
GOPR0631.JPG

2nd try...
GOPR0632.JPG

3rd try...
GOPR0633.JPG

4th try...
GOPR0634.JPG

5th try...
GOPR0635.JPG

1st try!
GOPR0636.JPG

Wish I had more pics! I think I have some decent video.

Thanks to @Bob in Texas and @JMT for a great wheeling time. I had a blast!

Hi @Blackoutt , do you remember showing me your rear adjustable track bar modification last year?

I am wanting to do this, possibly to both my track bars.

Could you share any tips on your mod, i thought it was a really cool mod that didnt look all that complicated, thanks Brad!
Sure, I took some threaded pipe, welded it to one end and took a heims joint and boom. Adjustable track bar [emoji16]
We cut off the end that connects to the Jeep, grinded down that end to get the pipe to fit over it nice and tight, welded it in place, painted to avoid rust. Two years later its been solid.

More reliable than my fuel line coupler from factory

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sure, I took some threaded pipe, welded it to one end and took a heims joint and boom. Adjustable track bar [emoji16]
We cut off the end that connects to the Jeep, grinded down that end to get the pipe to fit over it nice and tight, welded it in place, painted to avoid rust. Two years later its been solid.

More reliable than my fuel line coupler from factory

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ok great, i had a general idea but needed the smaller details .. that sounds very doable thanks!