Texting and speeding: how to derail a TJ’s facelift

looks like your rear bumper and trailer hitch took the brunt of it

how straight do the body lines look..are the gaps all still the same, and even side to side

glad to hear nobody was injured from the accident..hope the kids parents have good insurance
Thought I had replied; looks like there’s gaps between the frame and body. Judging by my measurement which were done in the cold and in low light conditions it appears that from passenger side tire to frame is 5 3/4” spacing to wheel on driver side it appears from frame to tire is 5.” I can’t be sure if the spacing on different parts of the frame were the same; but it looked like they were different lengths on passenger side

So where does the texting and driving come into play? Or are we at the point in time where every single accident is the result of texting while driving?
No; I don’t believe every accident is a result of it but in this case he admitted on camera that this was the case. After the accident the lady behind him said she had to honk at him at the stop sign to go. He was texting someone he was going to pick up for school.

When I went to see my agent I told him the woman had State Farm he said they have teams that look for any reason to not pay the full amount. They said my car was to close to her? How does that cause her to roll back into me?
Geez, sounds like United Healthcare..deny first. I’m sorry to hear that.

Driving home from work a few years ago, there was a car turning left in the opposing lane. Right as I get close I see a sedan flying up behind it. I don't know for sure it was texting while driving, but it's a safe bet. This car was full stop with blinker on and a wide open straight road.

Apparently the driver noticed at the last second and swerved to miss. Luckily for them this was successful. Unlucky for me instead of heading for the empty shoulder they jumped right into my lane. Would have been a head on at a combined speed of at least 80mph, probably more like 100. But I swerved into the grass, barely missed the other car, slid across a lawn and took out a well built fence built on a short concrete wall that gutted my car. Literally, tore the radiator in half.

They drove off of course, I only had liability on my beater that was totaled so I got $0 from that.

Fun times.
Dang, I hate to hear that. Glad you made it through that experience alive. Even if it want texting people don’t respect the fact your in a potential missile that could kill someone by their irresponsibility.

No; I don’t believe every accident is a result of it but in this case he admitted on camera that this was the case. After the accident the lady behind him said she had to honk at him at the stop sign to go. He was texting someone he was going to pick up for school.
Ahh, there was no mention of texting in the original post and I missed it where you said he was recorded admitting to it later on.

In the case of an auto collision, in absence of evidence to the contrary, my first assumption is that there was a smartphone involved.