TG's TJ

timmyg06

Picking up this 2000 SE on Saturday. It has 116k miles on it, previous owner has had it for 10 years and been garaged when not in use.
It also comes with the hard top, soft top, full doors, and tubular doors. 31" tires with less than 5k miles on them.
Any recommendations or modifications for this? I ordered some seat covers and a RedRock half shade top already to start.

Thank you
✌️

sideshot.jpg

front 2.jpg

sideshot 2.jpg

rear 2.jpg

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rickyd
Nice jeep!

What do you plan to use it for? That will determine mods.

If staying on 31s I'd get a 1" set of coil spacers,shocks and 4.56 gears for it. Upgrading the speakers,amp and stereo goes a long way towards enjoying music while you drive

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Jeep. It looks to be in pretty good shape.

What are your future plans for it? One thing to know is that stock the SE came with 27" tall tires so even running those 31" tires is robbing you of some power. Stock it has 4.10 gears so the general thoughts here are 4.56 gears for 31" , 4.88 gears for 33" & 5.13 for 35" tires which are the lowest gears available for your Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear axles.

What do you plan to use it for? That will determine mods.

If staying on 31s I'd get a 1" set of coil spacers,shocks and 4.56 gears for it. Upgrading the speakers,amp and stereo goes a long way towards enjoying music while you drive

For now it's just going to be a summer cruising vehicle. I live by the Mississippi River near the MN/WI border. The stereo has been upgraded along with a sound bar. I was definitely thinking it could use 1-2" of extra height.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Jeep. It looks to be in pretty good shape.

What are your future plans for it? One thing to know is that stock the SE came with 27" tall tires so even running those 31" tires is robbing you of some power. Stock it has 4.10 gears so the general thoughts here are 4.56 gears for 31" , 4.88 gears for 33" & 5.13 for 35" tires which are the lowest gears available for your Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear axles.

The previous owner has taken very good care of it and had a lot of work done over the years. I was reading a bit about the gears for 31" tires and may do that.

Reactions: Wildman
The previous owner has taken very good care of it and had a lot of work done over the years. I was reading a bit about the gears for 31" tires and may do that.

When you start looking at gearing also consider if you are going to go to larger tires and if so then gear for them not what you have now.

This is a good website for playing with gearing and seeing where you'll end up.

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

Also know that while bringing it back to stock RPM's is nice you are moving larger tires that weigh more plus you are taller so more wind resistance so going a little deeper is always better.

I have a 1997 SE that had 33" tires on it when I bought it. The first thing I did was regear it to 4.88 gears. That was the lowest available in 2002. It allowed me to use 5th gear again. I wasn't scared to wrap those 4 little squirrels up to 5K RPM or a little higher when climbing Snoqualmie pass. Of course I changed to 35" tires a while later but then did a V-8 swap. There is a lot of good info on this site so look around and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Here's a good one right now:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/2-5-4-cylinder-upgrades.6467/