The 10 absolute worst Jeeps of all time

I'm actually pretty disappointed to see the YJ on there. Sure, I know the square headlights were a bit controversial, but a lot of people (myself included) still liked then and a grudge against one aesthetic point hardly seems enough to put it as one of the "worst" Jeeps.

I mean, the only complaint I have about the YJ is the leaf springs, which is mostly a product of its time.

P.s. Apparently there's a Top 10 Jeep list from the same site that puts the JKU at the top, lol: http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/street-smarts/best-jeeps-of-all-time-article-1.4041620

Last edited:
I'm with EQ, the YJ doesn't belong on that list. Maybe list the YJ Renegade separately, but not the whole run. Same thing with the early year 2wd JK/JKUs. Meh.

Number one should indeed be a JKU with an angry bird grill, I agree!

The Liberty is an abomination, a turd, a giant piece of junk. The Compass and all those other oddballs aren't Jeeps at all, they're reused Fiat platforms that someone slapped a Jeep badge on, plain and simple.

I'm not sure the YJ belongs on the list. While I'll never be a fan of the square headlights (seriously), it's still a classic.

Is it just me or does anybody else want every pre-2000 Jeep on list? Especially the Commando.

Is it just me or does anybody else want every pre-2000 Jeep on list? Especially the Commando.

The XJ was pre-2000, and I wouldn't call it bad by any means.

Did you mean post-2000?

The XJ was pre-2000, and I wouldn't call it bad by any means.

Did you mean post-2000?
I think 06LJ meant he wants to own every pre-2000 Jeep on their worst list maybe? I'd prefer my Commando with the CJ style grill over the bull nosed version.

Reactions: Chris
I think 06LJ meant he wants to own every pre-2000 Jeep on their worst list maybe? I'd prefer my Commando with the CJ style grill over the bull nosed version.

Correct.
There are other Jeeps I would love to own as well. Another XJ is on that list. Interesting that the writer was to afraid to go after any current models. The new current Cherokee has had numerous issues requiring buybacks in some states.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Correct.
There are other Jeeps I would love to own as well. Another XJ is on that list. Interesting that the writer was to afraid to go after any current models. The new current Cherokee has had numerous issues requiring buybacks in some states.

Bought my son a 98 XJ for his first car. I have had so much fun tinkering with it. Really made me miss my old 99. If I ever found myself in need of another A to B commuter I'll hunt up an XJ.

Ouch! Like my renegade :(

Hey... it might be a Fiat, but you can still do this to it:

blog_mopar_jeep1.jpg

20171031174638-df78f0a2-me.jpg