The day has finally come

Babygools99

TJ Enthusiast
I knew this day was coming. Long story short, i do all of the paint work at a custom golf cart shop. I smiled big as ever when i saw the build sheet this past week. Flame Red, which just so happens to be the same color as my TJ. What an absolutely beautiful color this is when it's fresh. Guess its time to paint the Tj, lol!

20200603_155656.jpg

I knew this day was coming. Long story short, i do all of the paint work at a custom golf cart shop. I smiled big as ever when i saw the build sheet this past week. Flame Red, which just so happens to be the same color as my TJ. What an absolutely beautiful color this is when it's fresh. Guess its time to paint the Tj, lol!

View attachment 177170
I like my Red TJ. My wife likes red as well. You can tell with her lifted red golf cart.
IMG_20181125_135651592.jpg

By next year i'm hoping to have an at home paint booth, a legit professional booth (The starting point for my buisness) and i'd happily paint anyones TJ off the forum for half off whatever their local shop quotes them.

Yep, that's what I am looking for.

I want to have mine repainted. Not because the paint is bad, but because all factory paint jobs are iffy at best. More clear coat in some areas than others, no consistency, etc.

I want a GOOD paint job in the same color as stock (so under the hood and floor pans can be skipped), but I want to use the highest quality paint and multiple layers of clear.

I'm expecting most shops would charge me 5k for this, as I want it to be an amazing paint job.

Reactions: Babygools99

I want to have mine repainted. Not because the paint is bad, but because all factory paint jobs are iffy at best. More clear coat in some areas than others, no consistency, etc.

I want a GOOD paint job in the same color as stock (so under the hood and floor pans can be skipped), but I want to use the highest quality paint and multiple layers of clear.

I'm expecting most shops would charge me 5k for this, as I want it to be an amazing paint job.

Basf Refinishing makes the best materials money can buy IMO. Hopefully by the time we all get to the 2nd annual forum meet, we can put together a raffle for a good paintjob and we can donate the money somewhere that will benefit the TJ community.

Basf Refinishing makes the best materials money can buy IMO. Hopefully by the time we all get to the 2nd annual forum meet, we can put together a raffle for a good paintjob and we can donate the money somewhere that will benefit the TJ community.

That would be cool for sure!

I'm big on nice paint, and a nice paint job is something I've wanted for a long time. I know just how crappy factory paint jobs are, even on brand new cars.

I'll look into Basf as well!

Reactions: Babygools99