The Garden Project...

Another trailer load, mostly topsoil:
DSC02713.JPG

Getting this archway ready for concrete weights at its base as its designed to be pressed into the ground. Had to do some rust prevention engineering - we'll see how long the thing lasts! Concrete needs pouring into the blocks.
DSC02854.jpg

Flower beds mulched, and some plants already installed:
DSC02855.JPG

DSC02856.JPG

First statue emplaced:
DSC02857.JPG

Next big thing will be sod installation, followed by the brick circle. Ordered a dwarf olive tree as well, it will go to the immediate right of the RH side of the last above picture. Gotta get that birdbath moved to its new home as well, its an HMF.

Got the fountain attached to the wall:
DSC02270.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

I used hinges as brackets so I can pull the pin to remove the fountain should that ever be necessary.

Got everything tilled for the sod that's coming next week. Pix are blown out because unbeknownst to me, my camera was set for +2 stops compensation.
DSC02863.jpg

DSC02861.jpg

DSC02862.jpg

DSC02864.jpg

I've never seen an electric rototiller. Did it work okay? Your soil looks pretty loose - the opposite of the clay we deal with here.

I've never seen an electric rototiller. Did it work okay? Your soil looks pretty loose - the opposite of the clay we deal with here.

It has plenty of power, and the soil is very sandy being this "island" is a glorified sand bar. With that said, it doesn't have enough weight to help hold it still, it has a tendency to bounce - AND - it doesn't have a drag bar on it either which makes it tricky to handle until you get used to it. I found the best way to use it is to haul it backwards rather then letting it work its way forward. It works reasonably well that way. Its also narrower than any gas tiller I've ever seen. For this little suburban lot, its all I need - it took me about 45 minutes to do both sections pictured. It would probably be a different story if the soil were hard, it would probably bounce all over the place.

It has plenty of power, and the soil is very sandy being this "island" is a glorified sand bar. With that said, it doesn't have enough weight to help hold it still, it has a tendency to bounce - AND - it doesn't have a drag bar on it either which makes it tricky to handle until you get used to it. I found the best way to use it is to haul it backwards rather then letting it work its way forward. It works reasonably well that way. Its also narrower than any gas tiller I've ever seen. For this little suburban lot, its all I need - it took me about 45 minutes to do both sections pictured. It would probably be a different story if the soil were hard, it would probably bounce all over the place.

Cool. It is very narrow which is what first caught my attention.

Zorba that’s going to be a place worthy of the Greek Gods.
I have an electric tiller and it works great. You just need to be mindful of where the cord is. Better than the gas Mantis that I had. Just put it away when done and no worries about old gas. MUCH more torque than any small gas tiller. I think I paid around $100 at Menards. Just pulled it out to till the garden for sping planting.

IMG_2222.jpeg

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2222.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

Reactions: Zorba
Finally got my setup right. 2 60 watt grow lights and the space under my work table works perfect. The cost and choice of plants at the store made me just start my own. Can’t beat fresh out of the garden vegetables and gardening is good for you nutritionally and mentaly.

Reactions: Zorba
Finally got my setup right. 2 60 watt grow lights and the space under my work table works perfect. The cost and choice of plants at the store made me just start my own. Can’t beat fresh out of the garden vegetables and gardening is good for you nutritionally and mentally.

Wife's experimental hydroponics setup with lettuce:
DSC02865.JPG

Reactions: bucky
The sod is here. That's the good news. The bad news is that I got neither the expected phone call nor a ring at the door - and it was delivered hours earlier than I was told - AND - the *nice person* who delivered it, left it here:

DSC02876.JPG

If he had gotten it much closer to the garage door, or had put it in the middle, I wouldn't have been able to get wife's car out (by virtue of moving the MBZ out, then finagling her car out, then putting MBZ back).

So I call and raise hell. Several hours later, they arrived and moved it. Again, no phone call, no ring on the door bell, they just moved it - IN FRONT OF THE GATE WHERE THE JEEP IS PARKED!!! I wanted to move the Jeep out so we'd have a clear shot to carry the sod in - now we're going to have to go the long way around. Thank Goddess my dance sister is coming tomorrow to lay this stuff because I fucking give up...

Pure disgust...

• Face Palm
Reactions: Apparition
The sod is here. That's the good news. The bad news is that I got neither the expected phone call nor a ring at the door - and it was delivered hours earlier than I was told - AND - the *nice person* who delivered it, left it here:

View attachment 512524

If he had gotten it much closer to the garage door, or had put it in the middle, I wouldn't have been able to get wife's car out (by virtue of moving the MBZ out, then finagling her car out, then putting MBZ back).

So I call and raise hell. Several hours later, they arrived and moved it. Again, no phone call, no ring on the door bell, they just moved it - IN FRONT OF THE GATE WHERE THE JEEP IS PARKED!!! I wanted to move the Jeep out so we'd have a clear shot to carry the sod in - now we're going to have to go the long way around. Thank Goddess my dance sister is coming tomorrow to lay this stuff because I fucking give up...

Pure disgust...

I bet they didn’t have cell phones to call you with and they’re too lazy to walk to the door.

You should get a camera system that alerts you via text when someone is in your driveway.