The most expensive TJ I've ever seen... Honestly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must be Including the labor some retail shop charged because I would have a difficult time thinking up $150,000 in parts alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
wow, just wow. Why would anyone ever invest that kind of money into a normal TJ? I might be the dumb one here but I don't get it.

@mrblaine, did you build this thing?

:p
If I had it wouldn't have a Dana 44 front and stupid folded sheet metal down legs for the front of the cage. That is a pure internet build based on bullshit and ignorance. It is purely designed to impress the Jeep groupies and not anyone that knows anything about how to build something.

Reactions: Rob5589 and Chris
wow, just wow. Why would anyone ever invest that kind of money into a normal TJ?
Why not? Some folk have different levels of disposable income and can do what they want. Why does anyone else care how they spend their money?

John and Gerald spent a fair bit more than that building the Savvy TJ Unlimited and all they did with it was run it at speed through the dirt and rocks trying to tear it up. Does that make them dumb?

Why not? Some folk have different levels of disposable income and can do what they want. Why does anyone else care how they spend their money?

John and Gerald spent a fair bit more than that building the Savvy TJ Unlimited and all they did with it was run it at speed through the dirt and rocks trying to tear it up. Does that make them dumb?

Who are John and Gerald?

Who are John and Gerald?
John Currie and Gerald Lee, holder of the record for the most KOH wins in the Every Man Challenge races. They have mostly retired from driving and Gerald is teaching his son to drive. With a total of 11 miles in his first KOH race, he took second at the KOH event they just ran in Texas.

John Currie and Gerald Lee, holder of the record for the most KOH wins in the Every Man Challenge races. They have mostly retired from driving and Gerald is teaching his son to drive. With a total of 11 miles in his first KOH race, he took second at the KOH event they just ran in Texas.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. To answer your original question, my answer is no. I don't see what John and Gerald spent as being dumb in my opinion. Whether they race for fun, spirit of competition, or Jeep parts proof of concept for Savvy, they are driving and using their Jeep in ways for what it was intended. In regards to the eBay add, to spend that kind of money on a jeep and have it be a showroom vehicle doesn't make sense to me. People can absolutely spend their money the way they want, however; in my opinion I don't see the value in it. I should have been more clear when I made my original statement.

So many switches... I bet the inside of that thing lights up like an airplane cockpit at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.