The newest addition to the family!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
On April 25th, 2016 we welcome our second child into the world, her name is Charlotte.

She joins our other daughter Claire, who is getting close to 3.5 years old. What on earth am I going to do with all these girls in the house? I'll tell you what... Come puberty I'm going to lay low for a while. Haha!

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5801.jpg

IMG_5806.jpg

Thanks guys! The girls are great when they are little. I am sure they'll be awesome when they are older too, it's just those puberty years I'll have to watch for!

Congrats Chris and your family. I have 2 grown daughters, very little gray hair, short temper. Just sayin! You will be fine. When I say very little gray hair, I mean very little hair left and what is left is gray! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Stinger and Chris
Who is the kidney doing?
Great pictures!

I think your auto correct wins again.

Not sure what you were asking, but our newest daughter Charlotte is the one who needs the kidney surgery. One of her kidneys is only partially functioning. We are meeting with her urologist on the 25th and they are going to run a bunch of tests to figure out the game plan.

Either they will be able to remove the blockage and the kidney will be fine, or they'll have to remove the portion of the kidney that's not working. The worst case scenario is they will have to remove the kidney altogether. Of course, we won't know anything for sure about what they want to do until we meet with the urologist on the 25th.

Reactions: Frank
Chris you are close. On my iPad when I reply the keyboard covers the type line and I don't see the text unless I drag stuff around. That's why I do so.many edits.
Yes, I was asking about your daughter. Hope all goes well for her and you guys as well.

Reactions: Chris
Haha, I figured it was something along those lines.

The urologist told us last time we spoke to him, that the issue she has isn't uncommon, and it's something he's seen personally and dealt with more times than he can count. That left me feeling optimistic about it.

I think the scariest part of it is surgery on a tiny little newborn baby. I tip my hat to anyone who does that for a living.

Reactions: Stinger
The urologist told us last time we spoke to him, that the issue she has isn't uncommon, and it's something he's seen personally and dealt with more times than he can count. That left me feeling optimistic about it.

We have a good friend who's son had the exact same surgery and they had to remove the entire kidney. He's 12 yrs old now and it's never slowed him down! Prayers for you and your wife's nerves, the doctors performing any procedure, and directly for your daughter as well.

Beautiful family Chris! Congrats!
We raised three boys, and it wasn't always the easiest, but i can't imagine having teenage girls!
Prayers go out to you and yours for the best possible outcome!

Congratulations Chris! You and your wife must be pretty proud right now.

Don't worry about raising two daughters, if I can do it, you can as well. I did "guy stuff" with my daughters from the time they could get out of the house under my care, and both turned out to be well adjusted and wonderful human beings. One's a medical professional and the other is an Officer in the US Army.

The only down side was the quantity of estrogen that built up in the house. I thought it would spontaneously detonate at times. Wife, two daughters, female cat, female dog, all their female friends...pretty sure the goldfish were female as well. When I was a teenage boy, all I wanted was a houseful of women who loved me. One must be very specific with what one wishes for, it seems.

You're going to have a wild and wonderful ride! Enjoy it!

My wife always teases me and says that our daughters are going to grow up to be tom boys. Nothing wrong with that I say. I our daughter Claire is only 3 and she already has an interest in working on cars and boxing (since I box). I told my wife that as a female it's not bad at all to have some of those skills that typically men are notorious for.

Reactions: StG58
We have a good friend who's son had the exact same surgery and they had to remove the entire kidney. He's 12 yrs old now and it's never slowed him down! Prayers for you and your wife's nerves, the doctors performing any procedure, and directly for your daughter as well.

Yes, the worst case scenario is removing the entire kidney. Fortunately (as you and I both know), humans can live without one kidney.

The good thing is that the doctors performing the surgery are supposedly some of the best urologists on the entire west coast. Thank goodness for medical insurance is all I can say!

Reactions: Ron505
Yes, the worst case scenario is removing the entire kidney. Fortunately (as you and I both know), humans can live without one kidney.

The good thing is that the doctors performing the surgery are supposedly some of the best urologists on the entire west coast. Thank goodness for medical insurance is all I can say!
Prayers for your daughter and your family. Wishing the best for her.

Congratulations Chris. Raising daughters is, well.......interesting. Now I have 4 granddaughters and one on the way. the 2 oldest are in high school and grandpa has the guns and shovels ready.

Congratulations Chris. Raising daughters is, well.......interesting. Now I have 4 granddaughters and one on the way. the 2 oldest are in high school and grandpa has the guns and shovels ready.

I've got the guns and shovels ready as well, haha.

I can only hope that they'll end up growing up like the women in my family, who never really got into anything bad, and ended up turning out to all be really good, non-superficial ladies.

I think a good amount of the way they end up is parenting and who they end up being friends with.

Congratulations Chris- Beautiful family! I only have one daughter but 2 sons. Our daughter was the easiest child if you need any peace of mind.