The rebuild is done! Finally!

Ryan Thomas

I have no idea how I got here.
Supporting Member
Well, I'm pretty excited - after a long wait the re-build and re-gear of the Spork is done!!!

The engine got pulled and totally rebuilt, and both axles got the 4.10 treatment!

Next, the 31's are going away in favor of 33's and the shocks/springs are getting upgraded slightly.
Rebuilt1 - Copy.jpg

First the break-in, then the fun winter desert season!

I'll bet it drives like new! Congrats!

That's gotta be refreshing to be all done.

That's great piece of mind to have. What did it cost you to rebuild the engine?
It was a little on the high end - $2k - they had to put in a new cam also, as the old one was too out of spec to deal with (it was all pretty bad when it got taken apart). Also did the PS pump and reservoir, and some rewiring due to cracked/old wires and casings, and all the 02 sensors etc.

A bit on the high side, but it was very well done, and is *so shiny new* and quiet!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and Stinger
Nice! And yep as Rob5589 said if I had known I was going to 33's I would have regeared to 4.56 instead of 4.10. I had 33's with 4.10 years ago and while it was "drivable" it was slightly undergeared & I was always having to downshift for even the most minor grades.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Nice! And yep as Rob5589 said if I had known I was going to 33's I would have regeared to 4.56 instead of 4.10. I had 33's with 4.10 years ago and while it was "drivable" it was slightly undergeared & I was always having to downshift for even the most minor grades.
Well, Right now I have 31's and it's nutty... Remember, I have the 3 speed auto! ;) (Crap hands make shifting no fun)

Makes me wonder what a "new" 4.0 engine sounds like, haha.
It's a thing of beauty!
Funny part is, though, I went out this morning and it wouldn't start unless I had my foot on the gas - The one thing i hadn't swapped decided to die - the TPS!
All good now, though! My neighbor even said "Damn, that sounds good!" when he walked by today. I felt good, lol.

It's a thing of beauty!
Funny part is, though, I went out this morning and it wouldn't start unless I had my foot on the gas - The one thing i hadn't swapped decided to die - the TPS!
All good now, though! My neighbor even said "Damn, that sounds good!" when he walked by today. I felt good, lol.

Haha, go figure! How did you figure out it was the TPS?

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Haha, go figure! How did you figure out it was the TPS?
I wasn't sure, considering all that had been done to it - but I talked to the guy who did the work for me, and he called it! Went off to Jeep and got a MoPart, and it was all good!

I have to say, I was sweating a bit at first thinking it might be something crazy ;)

Are those Quadratec LEDs? How do you like them? I'm in a toss up between those and Trucklites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are the Quadratec Stealth version (The black crossmember instead of chrome).

I absolutely love them! They are sooo bright compared to stock - but, then again, a handful of candles is better than stock headlights on a TJ...

They were plug and play, and have internal ballasts - so no extra mounting things.
Great stuff!

Reactions: Chris