The search continues

Curt-Curt

Just drove 1hr 20 minutes one way to look at at 2005 Jeep wrangler sport for $10,995 Green with 103,000 miles...
Was at dealer lot for about 2 minutes and was heading back home.. RUST
I got out of truck walked over to Jeep and looked at the rear frame to see rust and when I stuck my finger in hole it was full of sand. Went to driver side hole was just rust falling off when I touched it. Too bad Jeep was in great shape even had the dana 44 rear axle, But I was gone before the sale guy got out of building.
Will keep looking...
Curt

Just drove 1hr 20 minutes one way to look at at 2005 Jeep wrangler sport for $10,995 Green with 103,000 miles...
I got out of truck walked over to Jeep and looked at the rear frame to see rust and when I stuck my finger in hole it was full of sand. Went to driver side hole was just rust falling off when I touched it. Too bad Jeep was in great shape even had the dana 44 rear axle, But I was gone before the sale guy got out of building.
Will keep looking...
Curt
Good job on walking way. That's a crazy price, even for a dealer, to ask on a TJ with rust.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Believe it or not I found my '06 Rubi on cargurus.com. only site that had cars older than 2015. Found my parents a minivan there too. Lots of pictures and much better than Craigslist. Better prices too. Even compared prices to rate a good deal from a bad deal. Check them out.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Don't look in Connecticut, seriously. If you want a sure bet on one without rust, pay to have one shipped from a state like Florida or the Southwest. I've had so many cars shipped it's not even funny, and it's really not that expensive.

It's going to be so much easier to find a rust free TJ in a state that doesn't salt the roads. They are all over here in Oregon, Washington, and California... because we don't salt out roads. Same with Florida, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah I believe.

Whatever you do, do not get impatient. You want to hold out for a clean one, and if that takes months, just let it happen. The stupidest decision you can make is rushing to find something.

Reactions: Rick Flair
100% agree with Cris. Getting what is available today is overpriced in NY. In the fall Jeep prices go down. People want something warmer for the Winter. In Spring in NY Jeep prices go up. People want a tops off for Summer.

Thanks Guys I will look into shipping cost from another state. problem with that is I don't get to inspect Jeep.
Yes Jeep prices seem to be high right now. I'm willing to wait for the right one.

problem with that is I don't get to inspect Jeep.

I picked up my F150 from a guy in Ohio. It was a five hour drive one way. I've got a pretty accurate BS detector, and he wasn't triggering it.

If you're interested in a rig, make sure you ask for lots and lots of pictures. Don't be afraid to request specifics, such as the frame. If they want to sell it and they think you're at all interested, they'll accommodate your requests.

Above all, get it inspected. If the seller won't take it for an inspection, walk away. Do your homework: Google garages in the area local to the TJ and ask them about their inspections. Don't let the seller pick the garage, you need to pick it.

Good luck!

Will keep looking...
Curt
Hey man I know the feeling I finally found a Jeep with no rust not even a single bit. If your in Florida Jeep Depot is a great place he doesn’t buy any rusty jeeps.