The unfortunate TJ of the day thread

In the OAF group - I lost my loggin to my nyx email account. FWIW, NYX was the first free ISP and email provider on the new thing called the "internet". I accessed it with my new computer's 9.8b/s dial up modem (I skipped the telecouples). My first computer used a cassette drive. In all honesty, I had 2 email accounts before the Nyx one - but those were pre-web.

I used to know 2 guys who worked for IBM, they told me about their interns comming up with the idea to use old typeset code to make graphical pages. IBM was not interested - the interns became the founders of Mosaic, which in turn created the web (or at least were one of the first that did).

In the OAF group - I lost my loggin to my nyx email account. FWIW, NYX was the first free ISP and email provider on the new thing called the "internet". I accessed it with my new computer's 9.8b/s dial up modem (I skipped the telecouples). My first computer used a cassette drive. In all honesty, I had 2 email accounts before the Nyx one - but those were pre-web.

I used to know 2 guys who worked for IBM, they told me about their interns comming up with the idea to use old typeset code to make graphical pages. IBM was not interested - the interns became the founders of Mosaic, which in turn created the web (or at least were one of the first that did).
Lots of computers used cassettes - which was yours?

First was a TRS Model 3. It was considered an educational investment. I guess it paid off, as much of my career was involved around computers and network management. Even the relationship that evolved into my marriage started out helping my girlfriend do college papers in my dorm room on my 286 and was resumed long distance online (via email and video conferencing) 15 years latter. Now that I am retired, I spend way too much time at this computer. Hard to imagine spending over 40 years behind a computer screen.

First was a TRS Model 3. It was considered an educational investment. I guess it paid off, as much of my career was involved around computers and network management. Even the relationship that evolved into my marriage started out helping my girlfriend do college papers in my dorm room on my 286 and was resumed long distance online (via email and video conferencing) 15 years latter. Now that I am retired, I spend way too much time at this computer. Hard to imagine spending over 40 years behind a computer screen.
Mine was a TRS-80 Model 1, shortly followed by an IMSAI. Both eventually expanded to "full blown" floppy based systems. I eventually got a job because I met a guy out of the blue who was one of the two principles of Small System Software - the makers of the fabulous RSM series of monitor programs. I still play Galaxy Invasion, Death maze 5000, etc, etc on emulation.

Mine was a TRS-80 Model 1, shortly followed by an IMSAI. Both eventually expanded to "full blown" floppy based systems. I eventually got a job because I met a guy out of the blue who was one of the two principles of Small System Software - the makers of the fabulous RSM series of monitor programs. I still play Galaxy Invasion, Death maze 5000, etc, etc on emulation.

Stop. Just Stop. Someone post up ugly TJ's please ! I can't take it anymore.

I had a Commodore 64.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Would airing down do anything for you with these wheels?

31690750005_large.jpg