The unfortunate TJ of the day thread

Ugly they may be, but when you see the end result of one of those suckers vs a moose, fuck fasion, it's all about function! and those things FUNCTON!!! The truck that hit the fully grown moose didn't have scratch or dent anywhere

But those bumpers are uglier than driving a wrecked truck.

But those bumpers are uglier than driving a wrecked truck.

Say that again after you've hit a moose with your truck without a bumper like that on it. You couldn't because your truck wouldn't be going anywhere other than by way of rollback tow truck, and it would probably be a total loss if you hit it at any kind of speed.

Reactions: Blondie70
Say that again after you've hit a moose with your truck without a bumper like that on it. You couldn't because your truck wouldn't be going anywhere other than by way of rollback tow truck, and it would probably be a total loss if you hit it at any kind of speed.

Still better than driving around with that bumper

Still better than driving around with that bumper
Well, you are entitled to your opinion.... Let's hope you don't build your Jeep with that same "fasion over function" mindset...
Oh wait... that's right... You already did that going with the LS... Opps my bad... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: B252
Ugly they may be, but when you see the end result of one of those suckers vs a moose, fuck fasion, it's all about function! and those things FUNCTON!!! The truck that hit the fully grown moose didn't have scratch or dent anywhere

That "hit" must've been a gentle tap. No way would that silly thing do much against a moose at speed.

bigcar2-428x300.jpg

Well, you are entitled to your opinion.... Let's hope you don't build your Jeep with that same "fasion over function" mindset...
Oh wait... that's right... You already did that going with the LS... Opps my bad... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Luckily all the moose here left or died so I should be ok.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
A direct hit of a fully grown moose will always have the moose hit the windshield and enter the passenger compartment. A moose is taller than any vehicle except a large truck. I had one stop in front of my 4x4 F550 one night at 4am and it was taller than the truck. I stoped 2’ short of hitting him with a full load of honey supers. Scared the shit out of me and did not faze the moose. My son hit the hind leg of one with a Honda Accord and it took out the front left side and totaled it. That was just a glancing blow.

IMG_0621.jpeg

I guess I should have relocated my fan shroud…after installing a UHL T/C skid took it for a drive and it started overheating ..pulled over and Noticed my fan wasn’t turning …..was stuck in nowheres ville …had to chip out the bottom of the shroud to get fan to turn. And noticed the shroud was way too high figured ok maybe it will be ok the fan was just stuck……got a little hot yesterday on my way to work but just a couple of needle points …however about 5 miles into my drive today I looked at my gauge and it was in red…pulled over and stopped and about 10 seconds later heard an explosion …..yeah…that’s what happened …….but on a happier note these came today😳

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

IMG_0270.jpeg

Last edited: