The unfortunate TJ of the day thread

23” tires…9” flares…ughh…Ugly light bar bracket too…😳

IMG_3027.jpeg

IMG_3026.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like some of the Toyotas here on big island on their way to the yearly safety inspection-can’t have big tires sticking too far outside of the fenders so some swap in dinky donuts for the day.

Reactions: DEValken

I had to do that for a while. It's actually worse than you think. I had wheel adapters for some RBP Assassin wheels on my Jeep when I bought it. It also had those wide ass flares. Come to find out, those spacers are held together with bolts that use a hex head. Guess what stripped out. So on my brake and hub job, I ended up having to junk the wheel adapters, find stock wheels, and like $600 later after tires and all that BS; I was stuck with stock tires on a 2.5" Jeep that had wide ass flares on it. I didn't have anymore money to deal with it so I just dealt with it. Now I have tube fenders. Problem solved.

72238437217__DA4D65FD-9926-47EA-B4E5-BD740AA8CE42.JPG

I had to do that for a while. It's actually worse than you think. I had wheel adapters for some RBP Assassin wheels on my Jeep when I bought it. It also had those wide ass flares. Come to find out, those spacers are held together with bolts that use a hex head. Guess what stripped out. So on my brake and hub job, I ended up having to junk the wheel adapters, find stock wheels, and like $600 later after tires and all that BS; I was stuck with stock tires on a 2.5" Jeep that had wide ass flares on it. I didn't have anymore money to deal with it so I just dealt with it. Now I have tube fenders. Problem solved.

View attachment 519557

Still doesn’t look as bad as that other one!