Things you don't often hear in November / December in other parts of the US

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
The pomegranates are ripe, wonder if any of the neighbors want some? Maybe they will take the rest of the apples so I don't have to pick them.
I wish the leaves would fall off the fruit trees already so I can get them raked and bagged.
It is almost dark, I wonder how much longer I can keep painting the siding before I start missing too many spots?
It is starting to get cold at night, I wonder where all my sweatshirts are?
Will Home Depot warranty that plastic roller tray that got melty in the sun?

Hmm. I wonder if it will actually snow this year.
I have to remember to go get a car wash after that one time a year they salt our roads.
Is it T shirt or jacket weather today?
We got a little sleet today, everyone will be driving 30 under or 30 over the speed limit.

The pomegranates are ripe, wonder if any of the neighbors want some? Maybe they will take the rest of the apples so I don't have to pick them.
I wish the leaves would fall off the fruit trees already so I can get them raked and bagged.
It is almost dark, I wonder how much longer I can keep painting the siding before I start missing too many spots?
Cheers to the folks that like this kinda weather, but I'm so glad I don't live in an area like this. I love my cold, snowy winters.

Last edited:
Cheers to the folks that like this kinda weather, but I'm so glad I don't live in an area like this. I love my cold, snowy winters.
If I liked such things, I can drive about 80 miles and partake of the 48" of snow they got up in Big Bear the other day. As it is, I'll just enjoy it from afar as I do like to see the mountains with snow on them. I work outside every day, me, cold, snow, and other inclement conditions do not get along well.

If I liked such things, I can drive about 80 miles and partake of the 48" of snow they got up in Big Bear the other day. As it is, I'll just enjoy it from afar as I do like to see the mountains with snow on them. I work outside every day, me, cold, snow, and other inclement conditions do not get along well.
Could not have said it better.

I'll grab my wet suit and go snorkeling.

Could not have said it better.

I'll grab my wet suit and go snorkeling.
I wasn't trying to turn this into the skiing/surfing in the same day crap we get lambasted for. I was responding to all the news I see about bad weather shutting down large parts of the US and since painting is a despicable mindless activity, I have time to think of odd shit.

Reactions: Jpodell and Byhumba
Oh yeah. I see how my post came across that way now that I read it again. I was agreeing with this statement, "me, cold, snow, and other inclement conditions do not get along well."

I said "I'll grab my wet suit and go snorkeling," because that's something you don't hear in other parts of the country during November/December. 😀

I bet you don't even have your winter survival gear packed in your Jeep yet.

In SoCal they close the interstate multiple times every day by cramming it full of traffic. Where here they've only closed it twice this week due to weather.

:ROFLMAO:

How ironic. I live in Northern California and this very week I had every one of those thoughts except the ones about painting the siding and returning a paint tray.

I was painting a fence rather than siding and I warrantied my melted paint tray last month. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: B252
Me

Sweet. It warmed up to 20*F. I’ll have to break out the shorts and tee shorts

Then I get the Call from grandma

OMG it’s twenty F’N degrees outside. Where are your kids coats and pants

Reactions: EZ_Wrangler
Being born and raised in England I'm over the colder weather and took abit of getting used to having a warmer Christmas but its great...here are some things we have over here this time of year

Shall we do Christmas dinner at home or on the beach ?

Ahhh Spring/Summer is finally here time to drop the top and take off the doors on the Jeep.

Whoa !! I think I've had way to much ice cream this week.

My right arm is looking pretty red ..must remind myself to buy more Sun-block sunscreen!!

Oranges are getting ripe here soon. “Kids grab your buckets and bring in the oranges on the ground”.
I love fresh squeezed orange juice, when it’s cold because it’s been outside in 35 degree weather, pulp nice and chunky

Reactions: B252
"It will be a clear and sunny December in Michigan this year".... said no one ever. I don't mind the cold, and I like the snow, but it is so damn grey here in winter.

Although it’s slowed down considerably, I’m still mowing grass. The high for this Sunday is supposed to be 80 degrees.
As far as things you don’t hear around here goes is kids asking “Do you want build a snowman?”

Last edited:
"Surf's Up!"

I've surfed both Left and Right coasts--in the dead of Winter, with snow and ice on the beach, and in 39-40 degree water, as the Arctic Streams hit the Right coast. When the waves are good, it doesn't matter that your skin is purple and your eyeballs are frozen.

1576720789287.png