Thinking about painting my ‘02 Tj dash bezel, anyone done it?

Baltimoreed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
With all the agate interior in Ripley I was thinking about adding some color. My upgraded seats will have some red in them, my steering wheel cover has red trim along with my grab handles on my roll bar. I think that I’d like to paint my dash bezel candy apple red which will match my steering wheel nicely. Not the vents or ashtray, just the bezel. Anybody else paint their interior?

Last edited:
Good video for taking it apart. But I would use a better paint like SEM and SEM adhesion promoter. I personally would think twice about changing colors that drastically. Unless you don't care about resale value.

Reactions: oldjeepman
I painted mine black with Rustoleum Trim and Bumper paint. It was holding up great then I got a double DIN bezel for new stereo. Sold the bezel to Fouledplugs.

I color matched mine. No sanding(I don’t care what everyone says, no sanding), remove bezel, wash with dish soap, dry, wash with denatured alcohol, dry, remove any lint that may be left behind and spray. Followed that up with a wet clear coat and let it bake in the sun for about an hour.

Not my first rodeo here. I did some pieces inside my Ranger about 8yrs+ ago and it’s still holding up great. I know the color may not be everyone’s style haha it’s Dupli-Color Color Shift paint.