Thinking of selling my LJ hard top

AMS417

"The Ayatollah of rock and rolla"
Supporting Member
Now that my Jeep is 99% trail rig, I am putting on a fast back top and thinking of selling my hardtop. It has one crack and some previous small repairs. What do you think its worth? I know these tops are hard to find.

Now that my Jeep is 99% trail rig, I am putting on a fast back top and thinking of selling my hardtop. It has one crack and some previous small repairs. What do you think its worth? I know these tops are hard to find.

Depends on the size of the crack + repairs. Probably around $1000.
I really just want to fix it and keep it, but no room here. I think I will hang it in the corner of a friends shop so I can repair it and it will be out of the way. Doubt it will ever go back on the jeep, but who knows right?

Mainly concerned about continuing to destroy it on the trails. Got into a door a little this weekend in the rocks. Thinks got pretty interesting. The weight reduction will help too. Spare it next. Its staying at camp from now on.

Reactions: suicideking
Mine’s a daily, but I only have a 6 mile commute. And since we don’t use it for any trips of note, I listed it this spring. I ended up selling it for $1,600 in less than a week and had people lined up, and even offering more to jump the line. Mine was clean, but also medium grey which is less desirable, so depending on the damage you could probably keep the discount small and still sell it quickly.