This dealer's TJ prices are insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a fool born every minute, that's for sure.

It's a market fellas.... If no one buys then they won't be there much longer but my guess is that they are selling them just fine.

With just about everyone with a heartbeat able to get a 3-4 year loan for one I'm sure they will sell them. If the LJ starts at $30K and you get it for $24 you got a "deal"...... right?

I think car dealerships are all about the loans now. A guy in my neighborhood noticed my Jeep and started talking about his new 2020.

He had one he was financing and he took it to the dealer for an oil change. They offered to buy his for more than his current loan amount and put him in a new Jeep. He ended up "making" $7000 on his old Jeep and driving away with a new one. Knowing he still owed $28K on his loan, I bet they stretched his new loan out to 6-7 years and got his payments lower then sold his used car to someone else and came out way ahead. The $7,000 they gave him was basically a little trade in and dealer incentives for the new Jeep but made him feel like he was making money on all the interest he had been paying.

It was a slick move to turn 1 Jeep loan into 2. People are basically owners on paper only and are leasing their vehicles on an 84 month loan schedule. Turning in the vehicle for a new loan at the dealer, and the dealer selling it to the next person down with another 84 month loan.

Reactions: Will’s TJ
I’m kind of curious. I think I’m going to contact them about my Sahara and see how much they would offer me for it. They would definitely list it for at least 15k. These guys are nuts.

So when it's time to sell my 06 LJ , I should drive it to Georgia for a bigger payoff , fly back and still be way ahead?
Looks like their getting 20k for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.