This is the first TJ I have had with an automatic transmission

B

bbron1234

This is the first TJ I have had with and Auto trans. I bought it because the trans is bad. The jeep has 135K on it. I plan to lift it a little wheels. I need to buy a new/ rebuilt trans. Where is the best place? Thanks.

I bought it because the trans is bad. The jeep has 135K on it. I plan to lift it a little wheels. I need to buy a new/ rebuilt trans. Where is the best place? Thanks.
You bought it because the transmission is bad, and you plan to lift it with little wheels? :unsure:

zone lift 1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

• Face Palm
  • Haha
Reactions: MikekiM and GPK03X
There's a place in Indiana that specializes in Mopar transmissions and especially the 904 (which is what the 32RH is based on): http://www.aandatrans.com/Default.aspx. I would probably call them and see if they do the work or can recommend someone near you who can.

Personally, I'd rebuild it myself because as a guy who had never done it before......it's surprisingly easy. If you want to drive to Texas you can trade me yours for a freshly rebuilt unit (although maybe not straight across).

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
No, I have 33 for it. LOL
There's a place in Indiana that specializes in Mopar transmissions and especially the 904 (which is what the 32RH is based on): http://www.aandatrans.com/Default.aspx. I would probably call them and see if they do the work or can recommend someone near you who can.

Personally, I'd rebuild it myself because as a guy who had never done it before......it's surprisingly easy. If you want to drive to Texas you can trade me yours for a freshly rebuilt unit (although maybe not straight across).

Thank you. I might YouTube it. I build cars on the side for fun, just never a transmission.

Thank you. I might YouTube it. I build cars on the side for fun, just never a transmission.

If you youtube it, you may find that you know the guy in the videos. ;)

you'll need a slide hammer (borrow from parts store), lock ring pliers (find you a good pair for < $20 on amazon), feeler gauge (only necessary if you're going to actually do something if you're outside tolerance), and if you need to do the piston seals inside the drum you'll need a special spring compressor ($40 on amazon, I'll try to find a link when I'm not on my phone). And an inch-lb torque wrench to do the band adjustments.

And then some place clean & out of the way to stage all the parts that you take out so you don't get confused when you go to re-assemble. You got this. We'll walk you through every step, and you only need to give us 30% of the savings.

Dose a 1999 tj have a shift solenoid? Mine will slip, then work correct, then shift really fast and will loose trans fluid.