Thoughts on aligment

Blown351gt

Just got some new tires installed and had my tire shop just check the alignment with the drive through checker. I know the toe is way off from a lot of front end work I just did which will be getting adjusted but the camber is just out of spec. I just replaced unit bearings upper and lower ball joints all new steering components. Is it worth worrying about just being out or should I be looking at the adjustable ball joints even though I just replaced with brand new spicers? It’s just odd it looks almost exact same on both sides. I’ll actually get a read out when it gets aligned just wanted to get other more experienced Jeep owners opinions.

B3CD0D0F-986F-4A98-B25F-01D31D504A63.jpeg

Toe you can set in no time at home... from what I've seen a TJ likes everything to be right on the money.... Or it's just not going to handle like it should ...and TJ's aren't fun sloppy.

Take what I say with a grain of salt and see what some say that have dealt with camber issues.

Yeah the toe is no problem. I’m just wondering if the camber will be an issue or be ok to run with. I just don’t want to swap out ball joints and spend another $200 again

Reactions: AndyG
Yeah the toe is no problem. I’m just wondering if the camber will be an issue or be ok to run with. I just don’t want to swap out ball joints and spend another $200 again
I'm with you..i just dont like to comment without knowledge to back it up , or at least have a member ot thread to reference you too. Hang around here, and use the search engine too...the best TJ knowledge available is right here.

How is the return to center? How is the front DS vibes?
If they are both good then the alignment is good. Find the toe setting that your TJ likes and then run with it. (Or drive it. That probably makes more sense.)

I had 1.2° and drove for over 2 years without ever noticing. I only found out because I did my first tape measure toe alignment and I wanted confirmation that I had done it right (I had).

The tire in the spot with the extra camber did cup just a little bit on the inner edge when I went 10k miles between rotating tires. The next tire that went into that position was not showing any extra wear 5k later when I did an axle swap, so 6-7.5k miles is probably a good rotation interval to keep the tires smooth.