Thoughts on this LJ I'm looking at buying

Joeceno

So I found this 2005 LJ for 15k. It’s a 4.0 6 speed with 94k miles. I don’t think the price is too bad but I don’t want to get screwed because I haven’t bought a wrangler in over 5 years and don’t know what they go for now. I’m in Saint Louis. Let me know your thoughts!!! I appreciate it.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/fenton-2005-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-lj/6810166595.html

Not enough info or pictures to give you an honest opinion.

As with any used TJ or LJ, you MUST get pictures of the frame and underside. If there's rust under there, it's not worth have that price (assuming it's bad rust), but if there is no rust, then that price is a damn good price.

Check out this thread:
What should I look for when buying a used Wrangler TJ?

There is absolutely nothing more important to look for on a used TJ / LJ than rust (and accident history of course).

You need to ask that dealer for detailed photos of the underside. Without those, that ad is literally about the most useless thing ever to an educated and informed buyer.

Reactions: Cornbread
I bought a really clean, rust free, Florida 2005 TJ. I love it! Every day I wish it was an LJ. I really do like the grill in the pictures also. Never seen that before.

If the frame has almost zero rust, price is okay. It would surprise me if it’s perfect being in St. Louis, but possible.

I looked at it once and frame seemed good. I’ll have to check it out again when it’s lighter out.

It drove 10x better than the other LJ I drove.

The price seem fair. LJ's prices seem to be higher lately.

I will check the amount of aftermarket options, quality of them and how they are installed. Rust amount is something to look at the frame, depending how it's looks you can negotiate but doubt owner lower the price unless its on a rush to sell.

Pay attention on the motor noise, OPDA issues seem to force may LJ's lately.

I looked at it once and frame seemed good. I’ll have to check it out again when it’s lighter out. Pulled about half a coffee can of rust flakes from inside my frame. It’s diificult to tell what’s happening on the inside.

It drove 10x better than the other LJ I drove.
It does look really nice, just be aware I thought my frame was perfect before I knew any better.

It does look good , but so does lipstick on a pig. Take it to a trusted mechanic to check it out and so you can get under it..Have him check steering ,ball joints ect. LOOK for rust! And locker pumps need hooked up? So it has rubi axles and lockers? Nice add on but why didn't he hook them up? Just my .02

It does look good , but so does lipstick on a pig. Take it to a trusted mechanic to check it out and so you can get under it..Have him check steering ,ball joints ect. LOOK for rust! And locker pumps need hooked up? So it has rubi axles and lockers? Nice add on but why didn't he hook them up? Just my .02
I know of a guy that got involved with a pig .... He wouldn't have gotten caught ...but it squealed on him .

Reactions: oldjeepman