Thoughts on this Quadratec lift kit?

Anyone knows about quadratec lift kit? Is this a good deal? Can anyone tell me if is good or if I should look for something else? am trying to stay in a budget for 450 the most 500 since am trying to get a track bar as well.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...t0YweskgCVQ3JBXGCEoMFMULhW5skvxBoCKnUQAvD_BwE
DPG Off Road and their OME lift kits could be a better choice here.

However, its often more beneficial to source your own shocks, those shocks being the Rancho RS5000x model. They offer, arguably the best ride of any of the bolt on shocks offered for the TJ/LJ.

Reactions: AndyG
Anyone knows about quadratec lift kit? Is this a good deal? Can anyone tell me if is good or if I should look for something else? am trying to stay in a budget for 450 the most 500 since am trying to get a track bar as well.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...t0YweskgCVQ3JBXGCEoMFMULhW5skvxBoCKnUQAvD_BwE
You get better quality and better reviews lift with the Zone 4.25” combo. Notice that the Quadratec comes with a TCase lowering kit. You don’t want that. Looks stupid and kills clearance. The Zone uses a 1” motor mount lift to avoid that. Same price range.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-4.25in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler/j25-j26

Last edited:
DPG Off Road and their OME lift kits could be a better choice here.

However, its often more beneficial to source your own shocks, those shocks being the Rancho RS5000x model. They offer, arguably the best ride of any of the bolt on shocks offered for the TJ/LJ.

This! I have the Ranchos and couldn't be happier, especially at that price point

DPG’s OME kits are going to run way over the OP’s budget. He wants to spend in the $500 range.

Reactions: Jmag
I wouldn't run that garbage. I'd piece together my own lift kit at that point. OME springs, Rancho shocks, Savvy 1.25" body lift.

That Quadratec one is likely crap (it is Quadratec after all), hence the price.

Reactions: Bofa-Deez
DPG’s OME kits are going to run way over the OP’s budget. He wants to spend in the $500 range.
You're right, I should have priced the JKS track bar first, that's $220-280 depending on source. The MetalCloak is around $200, that's close to half his budget...The Rancho's are around $200. So for a nice trackbar and the better shocks, he is looking at 95%+ of his stated budget.

Reactions: Jmag
You're right, I should have priced the JKS track bar first, that's $220-280 depending on source. The MetalCloak is around $200, that's close to half his budget...The Rancho's are around $200. So for a nice trackbar and the better shocks, he is looking at 95%+ of his stated budget.
Perfect thank you!

Assuming you're shooting for 33" tires, consider 2" springs, 1.25" body lift/1" motor mount lift. Keeping the suspension lift a bit lower will improve your chances for no drive line vibes. The body lift will give you the added clearance for the 33's. The motor mount lift will help with drive line angles and may keep you from having to lower the t-case skid to cure vibes. While a 4" is ideal for 33's, this setup will still give you 4" + of up travel when bump stopped properly. Doing it properly for $500 will be a tall order.

BDS 2" springs: $200
Rancho RS5000X springs: $200
Body Lift: $100
MML: $80
Rear TB relocation bracket: $30
Extended front sway bar links: $40

The Zone lift is actually the best value for comparison.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
What’s a metal cloak? Do you have any links for it?

Reactions: IPerkWVU
It's hard to beat the Zone for price point. You could always change out the shocks in a couple of years with the Rancho 5000X's if you wanted a bit better ride quality.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
My o6 has a zone kit and I’m not sure what shocks , but it handles bumps better than my rancho shock equipped 03..but my 03 drives better (that may be largely due to its KO2 tires versus SST pro mud tires on my 06.

Those are all good posts ...I’m not trying to contradict anyone . Rancho is all I recommend ...everyone gets consistent performance with them .