Threw my TJ in a ditch

harbiison

TJ Enthusiast
so lately i think my TJ has been trying to kill me. so last week i had blown a brake line while driving home and had drove about 20 mins with no brakes. last night around 11 i was on my way home from Buffalo and wind was real bad with the snow. I was about 10 mins from home in the country and was going up a steep hill that’s in a open field and is usually super shitty because of the blow by with the wind but it wasn’t at all oddly. i finally get to the top of the hill doing about 35 and hit a patch of black ice while a huge gust of wind blows by and i lose all traction. thankfully nobody was near me but i had slid for about 30 feet and was about to hit a telephone pole but i had countersteered just enough to barely miss it by about 5 inches. the ditch was full of snow so it looked like level ground it was about 2 and a half feet deep. i slammed into the ditch and landed safely. i tossed it in 4L and started to reverse and got to the point where i had knocked my driver side mirror off but managed to get my front two tires on the pavement but i was just spinning. thankfully a nice guy in a new tacoma pulled me out on the slippery road. i’m okay along with my passenger. the TJ is perfectly fine just broke and shattered my mirror.

Did the Taco guy take pics so he could brag to his Jeep buddies? :cool:

p.s. Sounds like your Jeep wants a new driver and is trying to get rid of you.