Throbbing Steering

AceShooter

So I noticed yesterday that at higher speeds, 55mph+. The steering has a noticeable throbbing/pulsing sensation. Right at the edges of the slop in the steering wheel.

I upgraded to the ZJ tie rod and replaced everything back to the pitman arm. Toe-In was set at 1/16” in.

The slop in the steering seems to be in the steering shaft before the steering box.

Any suggestions or things to check on the throbbing?

Also, recommendations on getting the slop taken out?

You need to find out what part of the steering shaft is loose, it is one of the U-joints, the carrier bearing, one of the slip joints, a loose bolt. Have someone move the steering wheel back and forth and look at the shaft to see what is moving.

Vibrations through the steering wheel would first make me suspect I had some kind of an issue going on with my front tires... like an imperfect tire balance.

I went down and checked and looks like it’s actually in the steering box. Does this signal time to replace?

Yeah I was thinking it might be a tire balance issue. I haven’t had the tires balanced yet. So probably need to get that done before tackling to many what if’s.