TIA mini-strokes... be aware they can happen to anyone

Unfortunately I see that with a lot of my patients (I do CT Imaging. Every weekend I am scanning someone that is on blood thinners who fell and bumped their head. No visible injury but about 15% will have a small cranial bleed)

One of my regular patient's is a car guy. Used to build and race cars at the local race track. He swore by coban wrap and gauze for those nicks and small cuts. It will put pressure on the site without need adhesive. Which can cause a skin tear which means more bleeding.
I'm hoping against the odds that eventually I can get off the Clopidogrel but I am not real hopeful. I think that and the Atorvastatin statin I'm also taking are a lifetime sentence for me.

• Sad
Reactions: BlueC
I'm hoping against the odds that eventually I can get off the Clopidogrel but I am not real hopeful. I think that and the Atorvastatin statin I'm also taking are a lifetime sentence for me.

I'm on Wafarin due to what they said I have "Factor 5" in my genetics. This was discovered after getting treatment for a clot in my leg.
This Factor 5 means I'm susceptible to blood clots. So I don't see myself getting off thinners anytime.....

Reactions: Jerry Bransford