Time to update the TJ: Anything else I should consider?

This is what we found and started the project. Got all new rails for both sides.

Which parts of the frame did you end up fixing? Just the rails under the skid plate, or did you do the rear/front trail arms? SafeTCap or Pocono Metal Craft? Got any pics of the frame work done? A lot of questions, I know, but I'm in a similar situation!

Which parts of the frame did you end up fixing? Just the rails under the skid plate, or did you do the rear/front trail arms? SafeTCap or Pocono Metal Craft? Got any pics of the frame work done? A lot of questions, I know, but I'm in a similar situation!
Rails and the rear trail arms. I think they were Pocono, Safe T Cap were quite a bit more for exactly the same thing.

Will get some pics for you.
Here you go. Had to get skid plate back on before painting but we were down a car so needed it. Will probably take off and paint this week. Need to do the gas tank one as well. Obviously got some other stuff to clean up but coming along.

Reactions: Millie2K
I'd recommend an adjustable track bar over a bracket in front. Seems common to have steering issues when the track bar and drag link are on two different planes. Other than that it is looking awesome. What is the purpose of that "step" behind the front flares? Just decorative or is there a purpose? I'm missing that on my '06 Rubi.

I'd recommend an adjustable track bar over a bracket in front. Seems common to have steering issues when the track bar and drag link are on two different planes. Other than that it is looking awesome. What is the purpose of that "step" behind the front flares? Just decorative or is there a purpose? I'm missing that on my '06 Rubi.

Yah. Went with bracket in back. Going with adjustable in front. Also going to upgrade all the steering components. The step is just that a step. I think it was an option. It's an OEM part. We've had it without and seem to like it on.

If you're talking about the little flare extensions (~12" or so), it just keeps the tires from flinging mud up the door.

I've taken them off all three TJ's I've had.

If you're talking about the little flare extensions (~12" or so), it just keeps the tires from flinging mud up the door.

I've taken them off all three TJ's I've had.
Ok... never had one with that. But then this is my first TJ. Too bad the CJ front end can't fit. Can't have it all. Thanks👍

Good looking Tj. Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but undercoat would have prevented a lot of the damage you had. I plan on having my Tj done next week. And a repaint this fall. It’s got one bubble on the rt front fender and a couple of breaks in the corners of the door frames. A few small dents too. Get everything stabilized so it’s not deteriorating anymore and then have fun spending your sons inheritance.

Good looking Tj. Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but undercoat would have prevented a lot of the damage you had. I plan on having my Tj done next week. And a repaint this fall. It’s got one bubble on the rt front fender and a couple of breaks in the corners of the door frames. A few small dents too. Get everything stabilized so it’s not deteriorating anymore and then have fun spending your sons inheritance.

Not mentioned but I know that would of made difference. Wish I had been aware of that. But doing repairs now and will do some to prevent it from happening again.