Timken Warranty Process

RCV has some issues with the proper torque spec that holds the unit bearing together. I'm aware that it has recently changed from the abnormally low spec to something similar to the stock spec for the OEM stub shaft. There are also some issues with spline fit and we've seen several twist the splined section off of the stub flange which solidly points to improper clamp load to hold the unit bearing halves together.

Before you completely fault Timken, you need to bolt up a stock stub in them to the correct torque spec and see if the play changes. You may have run them too long to make that wholly valid but the play should change if it is a RCV stub issue which needs to be ruled out or you will just keep killing unit bearings.

I will be checking the torque with a factory stub shaft as @mrblaine mention. Just to follow up on the warranty, Amazon is not an authorized dealer for Timken. For this reason they will not warranty Timken products sold by Amazon.

I will be checking the torque with a factory stub shaft as @mrblaine mention. Just to follow up on the warranty, Amazon is not an authorized dealer for Timken. For this reason they will not warranty Timken products sold by Amazon.
No, they won't warranty it because they do not warranty anything after 45 days generally.

Reactions: mattcogdell