Tip for guys with wives (you're welcome)

hamrickac

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Tip for all you Jeepers with wives. Take them riding. Let them take pictures with the Jeep and boom one day when you get home from work they’ll have a new lift ordered for you.

I got home yesterday evening and she had the zone 4.25 lift and jks front track bar that I had in my amazon cart ordered for me.

Lol, good tip! Wife started driving mine, then ran it on FSR's, then started off roading it. Now she has her own JKU with half doors. Some women get to liking the Jeep thing as much as guys do. (35's are much easier on her JKU than on my TJ. Dang!)

I went to Afghanistan and came home to new adjustable control arms. She knew that it was the next step before i could get serious about putting in 4.5 inch springs. Im am hopeful that i will find a SYE on the table in a month or two.

20190726_182448.jpg

Getting on here and telling us morons this is a good way to have guys stalking your wife ! 😁😁

Here's a funny one ..my wife seriously thought I had $60,000 in this TJ.

Made me feel great about the 30,000 I have dumped in it .

Also tells me I can spend more. Yee ha

Marry a Jeeper girl. Dad had an old Willy’s when I met her so I knew I was into something.

That’s the truth. My wife knew that my dad has a CJ5 that he restored when we were kids for us to learn how to drive on. The first time I visited her parents and saw the well cared for CJ5 in the garage that her dad ordered from the factory when he graduated high school and never sold I knew I was gravy.

Reactions: Ehallspqr
Her father has a samurai that he takes riding with us. He bought it for $1000 with 60k miles and Detroit lockers front and rear. I’m honestly kinda jealous of how well it does with it’s pizza cutter tires. As for her... she’s totaled the same car 3 times and wrecked it countless so she just enjoys riding 😂😂

Haha, my wife could care less about the jeep, off roading is not her thing. She just rolls her eyes when boxes show up or when I head out for the day /weekend.

It's cool though, we each have our hobbies and she gets a pass on any boxes she orders.

Same here my friend. I would like her to go with me every once in awhile but she’s just not into it. So I figured I’d see it in a way to off road with me and my thoughts alone.

Reactions: Zaythedad
Cars have been my hobby long before I met my wife. She's always been great with not pitching a fit when I announce I've found a cherry 6 series BMW in Arizona or a Honda Goldwing I intend to turn into a bobber. She never cared to get involved much, just generally left me to my idiocy. The TJ, however, is a whole different deal. I bought it last year with the intention of having a 4-wheeler in the corner of the driveway. I was originally looking at 4 person Razors but couldn't justify the cost for something that isn't even road legal, so I got the Jeep instead. Since then she's completely taken it over... Drives it every day all day running errand around town, takes the kids to school, etc... Anytime I suggest making a modification or improvement she emphatically improves instead of half-rolling her eyes and muttering "yeah I guess". Gals love jeeps apparently.

Reactions: AndyG
Cars have been my hobby long before I met my wife. She's always been great with not pitching a fit when I announce I've found a cherry 6 series BMW in Arizona or a Honda Goldwing I intend to turn into a bobber. She never cared to get involved much, just generally left me to my idiocy. The TJ, however, is a whole different deal. I bought it last year with the intention of having a 4-wheeler in the corner of the driveway. I was originally looking at 4 person Razors but couldn't justify the cost for something that isn't even road legal, so I got the Jeep instead. Since then she's completely taken it over... Drives it every day all day running errand around town, takes the kids to school, etc... Anytime I suggest making a modification or improvement she emphatically improves instead of half-rolling her eyes and muttering "yeah I guess". Gals love jeeps apparently.
I think the TJ's 5 speed scares her off, maybe that means I need a auto LJR?

I think the TJ's 5 speed scares her off, maybe that means I need a auto LJR?
Ever since I explained the death wobble episode I had, she’s been reluctant to let the kids ride in it. But I fixed it......I think.

My wife gave up off road years ago and she could care less as long as I carry this, and she can communicate with me.

5033920-BK000-fallback.jpg