Tips for broken zipper guide?

chuckie669

decided to put the top back on with the storms coming in from the gulf. Got to the last panel (passenger rear window) and it wouldn't go in like normal. Looked and the guide was cracked. Messed with it and it has now broken off completely leaving only fabric to zipper

Any ideas or tips/ tricks to get the window zippered in? Hobby lobby, Walmart and local upholstery shop had nothing available.

20200824_165453.jpg

I was able to stitch it with the help of the wife to get the broken piece locked in to zip the window. Need to research a permanent fix now

20200824_180531.jpg

Do you know someone that is good with a sewing machine? They may be able to install a new zipper on the window or may have the tools to replace the missing zipper part.
Otherwise you might take the window to a taylor, seemstress or laundry.

Good idea. No upholstery place in town could help. I'll have to keep searching.
If i could find the replacement guide online I could fix it myself but not sure what to look for

not for your current issue
i purchased replacement zipper heads for mine there
i to am using cloth to zipper directly but seems to work ok for now
they did however carry a whole bunch of zipper and related items.. so they may have crimp on ends which i did see
on one of the many many sites i was searching on

Years ago, a couple decades actually, I had a similar issue and even a different issue with my CJ top. I took it to a local place called J & W Canvas Co. They are still open. I know they are too far away to help you but here's a picture of their sign listing some of the things they make or fix and maybe it will help you find someone similar near you.
2020-08-24.png

Reactions: Steel City 06
I had zipper “ blow out” on rear window, few years back. I found a guy who works on “zippered windows / covers, for boats. His specialty was marine upholstery. He installed larger nylon zipper. Problem solved. Possibly locate a similar tradesman in your area

Reactions: Tomcat