Tire bounce

05pf13

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I just experienced some crazy tire bounce going over a good bump on the highway. Happened a couple times today. I have shocks that are a couple of years old and new steering stabilizer.
I had noticed small amounts of bounce driving around town. Then I noticed a thread of too high a tire pressure and lowered it to 30. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Need tips on what steps to take. Appreciate any tips on where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just experienced some crazy tire bounce going over a good bump on the highway. Happened a couple times today. I have shocks that are a couple of years old and new steering stabilizer.
I had noticed small amounts of bounce driving around town. Then I noticed a thread of too high a tire pressure and lowered it to 30. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Need tips on what steps to take. Appreciate any tips on where to start.

What size tires do you have? 30 psi might still be too high. Was it just the front end that bounced, just the back end or both. The steering stabilizer would have no impact on your problem (Positive or negative).

The tires are 30" x 9.5" x 15". They were set at 34 pounds now their actually at 29. The bouncing is only happening in the front and I I don't see any leakage around the shocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a noob with new tires, I've been waiting for a thread like this to come up (I know it's been discussed before but I couldn't find it when I searched) to hopefully get my tire pressure right. I'm loving the new Cooper SST Pro 32x11.5x15 M/T's but the tire shop aired them up to 34#'s when they were installed. I dropped them to 28#'s and they feel MUCH better on the road. Is that enough or would dropping even more work out better? TIA, any info will save me multiple trips to the gas station air dock...

As a noob with new tires, I've been waiting for a thread like this to come up (I know it's been discussed before but I couldn't find it when I searched) to hopefully get my tire pressure right. I'm loving the new Cooper SST Pro 32x11.5x15 M/T's but the tire shop aired them up to 34#'s when they were installed. I dropped them to 28#'s and they feel MUCH better on the road. Is that enough or would dropping even more work out better? TIA, any info will save me multiple trips to the gas station air dock...

I ran that exact tire and size for a few years and found 26 psi worked well for me. Find out how much your jeep weighs and factor that into your decision. My jeep is fairly light for what it is.

I ran that exact tire and size for a few years and found 26 psi worked well for me. Find out how much your jeep weighs and factor that into your decision. My jeep is fairly light for what it is.

Thank you so much! Mine is light as well, all stock but the lift & no spare tire (til I can upgrade the hinges/bumper)...I'm going to give 26#'s a try!

So I just removed steering stabilizer to start and this is what I found. No resistance at all. No more than 8,000 miles on them in the three years they've been on. Exchanging it under warranty. Not sure if this will solve the problem, but it needs to be changed anyway.
c4cc7edff65ca401cf35bd93bf22a12d.jpg