Tire carrier, stock wheels, and lift

A

AllenTC2

Okay, so I drove my new-to-me 2005 LJ home today, 2.5 hours at 75mph. This trip (and the subsequent couple of hours crawling on/in/under the Jeep) have me thinking that my initial 'personalizations' should be focused in the suspension.

I had lusted for an Old Man Emu lift kit when I bought my son an old Cherokee back when he first started driving, and I see one out there with a steering stabilizer, so I'm thinking this would be the ticket. So 2" lift (give or take), I currently have 31" tires (on stock wheels) on the LJ, a partially deflated 30" on the carrier. I'd like to keep the carrier stock, and use stock wheels..so what's the tire I could stick on a stock wheel, on a stock tire carrier, and used effectively with a 1-2" lift?

I wouldn't go larger than a 33" tire on the stock tire carrier. With the 2" OME lift, 33s will fit, but they'll be a bit tighter than you want. Add a 1" body lift to the mix and then you'll clear 33s just fine.

That's actually good. I'm not really fixated on any particular tire size. So I could probably just keep 31s on all around.

Reactions: fuse