Tire clearance and lift options

I have seen several vendors with coil springs that list as "1" or "2" inches, does this mean you already need to have a lift or will these springs add 1 or 2 inches of lift by themselves? Thanks.

Any ideas where to find these?
Last I heard they were a little hard to come by due to demand. I believe the exact part numbers are floating around on this forum, I'd just search for them frequently and make phone calls.

I have seen several vendors with coil springs that list as "1" or "2" inches, does this mean you already need to have a lift or will these springs add 1 or 2 inches of lift by themselves? Thanks.
1 or 2 inch lift springs will add 1 or 2 inches of lift over stock.

Reactions: Bkspear
Last I heard they were a little hard to come by due to demand. I believe the exact part numbers are floating around on this forum, I'd just search for them frequently and make phone calls.

1 or 2 inch lift springs will add 1 or 2 inches of lift over stock.
So, since my front is already sagging if I replace front and rear with new lift springs I may get the clearance look I would like without a body lift? Also, can I still use my new Rancho 5000x shocks with lift springs? Thanks.

So, since my front is already sagging if I replace front and rear with new lift springs I may get the clearance look I would like without a body lift? Also, can I still use my new Rancho 5000x shocks with lift springs? Thanks.
You very well might get the clearance you're looking for. Usually 1-2" of lift is all that's needed for 31's. For driving on the street I'm sure your shocks will still get you around, but without measurements I can't tell you if they'll be ideal.

Looking up your part numbers, and knowing rancho's run a little long I'd say with H&R springs, which will probably net you 1-1.5" of lift, those shocks will be just fine.

Last edited:
You very well might get the clearance you're looking for. Usually 1-2" of lift is all that's needed for 31's. For driving on the street I'm sure your shocks will still get you around, but without measurements I can't tell you if they'll be ideal.

Looking up your part numbers, and knowing rancho's run a little long I'd say with H&R springs, which will probably net you 1-1.5" of lift, those shocks will be just fine.
Awesome! Thank you for all the info and advice.

Reactions: Vasq
Where can I find H&R springs? Where they the same as stock? I don't have a body or suspension lift currently.
I purchased them at TireRack.com.
I got about a 1" lift over the stock springs. Jeep had right at 100K miles when I swapped them. I think the part number is 52107. Bought the Rancho shocks for a 0 to 2" lift.
I'm running 31" tires.