Tires for the Best Value??

wade Quilter

Hey all, I have a stock 99' TJ and have learned that I can fit up to a 31x10.5x15 tire with no issues (exception being the turning radius). These tires are only to hold me over until I can afford to put a 3"-4" lift on the Jeep. Do you have any suggestions for a good tire at a lower price? Remembering that I won't be doing any heavy off-road driving before I get the lift of course.

Depending on how "temporary" they are, you could possibly find some decent used ones, so that you're not double spending. That's the route I would try first.

I was able to find these tires (used) on craigslist. What do you think? Will they fit my stock TJ?

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 3.18.32 PM.png

Try to get a price from AOR on here, that's where I got mine.

But if you are truly looking for some temps, I got my 31 AT's from Discount tire for under $500 mounted balanced and warranty. They were some knock off brand like Adventuro or something.

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#tbm=shop&q=31x10.5x15+at+tires

This picture was with wheel spacers too.
20141001_184554.jpeg

Reactions: Chris and Travis
Those tires look good on your jeep. Wheel spacers and thinner profile flares make a big difference. This craigslist guy is a used tire dealer and is going to sell me the tires, mount and balance them for $300. I'm gonna go take care of it this weekend! Thanks for the help.

Those tires look good on your jeep. Wheel spacers and thinner profile flares make a big difference. This craigslist guy is a used tire dealer and is going to sell me the tires, mount and balance them for $300. I'm gonna go take care of it this weekend! Thanks for the help.

Sounds like an awesome deal to me!

What about a 30x9.5 A/T low/mid price suggestions. Running Mitch LTX now but will soon need to consider new tires without breaking the bank. I'm a daily driver, light trails sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want arguably the best A/T tire you can get, get the Goodyear Duratracs. 2 years on these things and I've put them through almost every type of weather possible (minus large jagged rocks) and they absolutely rock. These tires are just hands down amazing all across the board.

Reactions: Michael Roberson
The ride was night and day difference when going from a MT to an AT tire.
It made sence for me as my Jeep spends 90% of time on rode but if you're jeep is a wheeler then go aggressive.

Reactions: Chris
The ride was night and day difference when going from a MT to an AT tire.
It made sence for me as my Jeep spends 90% of time on rode but if you're jeep is a wheeler then go aggressive.

I can relate to that 100%. This is why I choose to use Goodyear Duratrac AT tires. Most of my driving is on-road, and the MT tires, while exceptional off-road, just weren't very nice to drive with on-road.

A nice AT tire is much, much better with for on-road driving than an MT tire.

What about a 30x9.5 A/T low/mid price suggestions. Running Mitch LTX now but will soon need to consider new tires without breaking the bank. I'm a daily driver, light trails sometimes
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would take a look at some Cooper AT3's.

Sure there are better, more expensive ones, but I've heard very good things about the Coopers, and the price isn't too bad.

Reactions: Michael Roberson
Lol, it was but he has absolutely nothing to put them on. He is in the market for a JKU though.
Depending on the size of the tires, they might look little small on a JK...all but the most basic Sport models have 255/75R-17 (32") tires