Tires

ladean2185

It's been a while since I had to worry about getting tires but I'm probably going to get a set within the next few weeks. I'm know toyo used to be the favorite but is it still or is there something better out now. The tires will be on my daily but I only have a 10 mile round trip to work so wear doesn't really bother me. Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Are you looking for street only tires? I run duratrac all terrains and I like them, but I moved from BFG's so I am not sure about longevity yet because they are new, but they are pretty smooth and quiet. I think I may move the the Toyo Muds for my next ones when these ones get bald. Only because I want something that self cleans better, but so far I don't have any complaints with Duratracs so far.

KO2'S, General Grabbers and Duratracs are highly thought of. Daughter has the Toyo A/T's on her Toyota and does well with them.
Please, please, please do yourself a favor and check out https://tirecrawler.com/ if you're looking to buy tires, especially Toyo tires. Toyo and Cooper tires have free shipping, as well as a smattering of other selected tires. I have purchased the last five or six sets of tires from them (all Toyos), and have never found a better price anywhere. Ever. If someone can come up with a place that sells them cheaper, I very much would like to know where, as I will be buying tires myself within the next couple of months. :)

*Oops! I meant this as a response to the OP, not @StG58! Sorry for the error! Information, however, applies to all! :D

Reactions: StG58 and Starrs
Farrier & I run 33x12.50x15 Cooper STT Pro's and we love them. Handle good, Sticky for the rocks. Haven't really done mud/snow but everyone we know that has they say handle good there too. When we replace were going to stick with same tire. really happy with them.

Reactions: JMT
Farrier & I run 33x12.50x15 Cooper STT Pro's and we love them. Handle good, Sticky for the rocks. Haven't really done mud/snow but everyone we know that has they say handle good there too. When we replace were going to stick with same tire. really happy with them.

These?

grey.png

Cooper Discoverer STT PRO
cooper-tire.jpg

cooper-discoverer-stt-pro-90000023635-tire.jpg

Part #: 90000023635 Details
243_1471640420.jpg

Tire Size: 33X12.50R15LT
Service Description: 108Q
UTQG: N/A
Mileage Warranty: N/A
Load Range: C (6 Ply)
Side Wall: RWL

$204.99 each

Quantity:
Set of 4
$819.96
Estimate Shipping

Reactions: JMT and Taz81
Yes those are the ones we got. We did ours through Discount Tire. This way had basically an unlimited warranty is something happens they don't ask questions they just replace

I currently have the Goodyear authority on it right now and I'm not impressed. The jeep is my daily driver but I use it for hunting also

X2 to the Cooper STT Pro’s. I paid $210/Tire at Discount with free lifetime balance and rotation and flats fixed. They would have price matched the $204.99, which is the lowest I have seen. They are a MT tire and I’m a Rock Crawler, so consider what you will be doing with your Jeep! For my purposes I love these.

Reactions: Taz81
Would there be any way of squeezing 32s on it stock height. It's got wider wheels already and I'm probably going to get the flat fender flares

X2 to the Cooper STT Pro’s. I paid $210/Tire at Discount with free lifetime balance and rotation and flats fixed. They would have price matched the $204.99, which is the lowest I have seen. They are a MT tire and I’m a Rock Crawler, so consider what you will be doing with your Jeep! For my purposes I love these.

I am sad to find this out. I bought these for my Ram 4x4 and Discount tried to balance them 6 times before they decided to replace them with Nittos. The Nitto's are not as neat as the Coopers, but sadly our Discount tires suck ass here. Maybe when the Nittos wear out I will try the Coopers again from 4 wheel parts. 4 Wheel parts did a much better job on my Tj with the Duratracs.

I am going to stand behind my original version of the Duratracs though.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Would there be any way of squeezing 32s on it stock height. It's got wider wheels already and I'm probably going to get the flat fender flares

Are you going to take it off-road that way? What’s the backspacing on your wheel? How wide would the tire be? Need to know these things to say

I am sad to find this out. I bought these for my Ram 4x4 and Discount tried to balance them 6 times before they decided to replace them with Nittos. The Nitto's are not as neat as the Coopers, but sadly our Discount tires suck ass here. Maybe when the Nittos wear out I will try the Coopers again from 4 wheel parts. 4 Wheel parts did a much better job on my Tj with the Duratracs.

I am going to stand behind my original version of the Duratracs though.
That’s too bad they couldn’t balance them. I’d heard similar and It was the one thing that almost kept me from getting them. But they balanced great, better than my 31’s ever balanced, really.

That’s too bad they couldn’t balance them. I’d heard similar and It was the one thing that almost kept me from getting them. But they balanced great, better than my 31’s ever balanced, really.
True that because they were a lot nicer looking than the Nittos. I suppose the nittos will last forever too. But I will try the coopers again at 4 wheel parts next round. BTW they were the metric size equivalent to 33's Maybe next time I will just get the 33's see if it makes any difference.

Are you going to take it off-road that way? What’s the backspacing on your wheel? How wide would the tire be? Need to know these things to say
When I take it off road I on old surface coal mines. I'm not sure of the backspacing but I've got 31 10.50s right now and they stick out 3-4" past the fenders

I don’t know how much articulation occurs on those old coal roads, but your rig couldn’t handle much stick on 32’s. It’s very likely your springs are sagging a 1/2” or more just from age. You could do a 1” Body Lift and/or a 1.75” budget boost (spacers and shocks) to accomodate 32’s. Or better, a 2” Suspension Lift.

However, what I would advise is taking some time to decide what you want to do with your rig. Then get a plan by learning all you can here and then start chopping away at it. I know that money is burning a hole in your pocket, but most of our early mods had to be re-done. Better to do it right the first time than spend money twice to get what you really want.

I don’t know how much articulation occurs on those old coal roads, but your rig couldn’t handle much stick on 32’s. It’s very likely your springs are sagging a 1/2” or more just from age. You could do a 1” Body Lift and/or a 1.75” budget boost (spacers and shocks) to accomodate 32’s. Or better, a 2” Suspension Lift.

However, what I would advise is taking some time to decide what you want to do with your rig. Then get a plan by learning all you can here and then start chopping away at it. I know that money is burning a hole in your pocket, but most of our early mods had to be re-done. Better to do it right the first time than spend money twice to get what you really want.
I believe I'm going to stick with the 31s and get either toyo mts or cooper stt pro. The biggest decision maker was having to get new shocks after I just put a new set of Ranchos on