TJ Adventures!

lowranger

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Okay.....thought I would start this thread on "TJ Adventures" because there is a lot of great info on how to work on and fix our TJs, but not much talk on taking them out and using them, exploring with them and going to new and exciting places.
So if you post up some of the places you have been (with pictures) or are planning on going to, we can see new country and may even want to go there our selves. And if you have been somewhere that someone else is planning on going (Moab..Rubicon etc) it may help others to pic your brain on what expect.
We all like to see new country, so post up some of your Adventures on some of the day trips or week long trips you have been on.

I will start with our 2014 Moab trip. Will be going back in 2019.
We had a small group of 4 Jeeps (well one Toyota Land Cruiser). We were there a week. My wife and I rented a condo. We went on trails like, Hells Revenge, Fins and Things and Top of the world.
CIMG7409.JPG
CIMG7483.JPG
CIMG7488.JPG
CIMG7497.JPG
CIMG7556.JPG

Man, i've always wanted to Jeep in Moab. Been to Arches NP before (which was amazing) but I wanna do Moab at some point.
Awesome pics!

Awesome idea! I told @bobthetj03 I am building my Jeep to go to Moab in 2019. By then I hope to be re-geared with a rear E-Locker. Maybe we can all meet up!

A small group of us went to Moab last year. Had a blast. Definitely going back. Wife and I even snuck into Colorado for a little Geo Cache adventure.
3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

13.jpg

20160510_105938.jpg

20160511_145937.jpg

20160517_153247.jpg

August, 2014 I took my daughter thru the Rubicon Trail.
4.JPG

3.JPG

10.JPG

26.JPG

The price you pay for taking a TJ on the Con with 32's and a small lift.
31.JPG

33.JPG

I put an E-locker in my Jeep before Moab and glad I did. Sure.....a meet up is good.
Alright, I’m aiming for late October. If you guys have a better time of year I’m open. My reason was to pass thru ABQ, NM to see the annual hot air balloons

Alright, I’m aiming for late October. If you guys have a better time of year I’m open. My reason was to pass thru ABQ, NM to see the annual hot air balloons
We were thinking July....reason being, we wanted to leave from Moab to go onto Ouray Colorado and wanted to make sure some of the snow was melted by then.

We were thinking July....reason being, we wanted to leave from Moab to go onto Ouray Colorado and wanted to make sure some of the snow was melted by then.
Ouray’s beautiful. Haven’t been since I was 12. Still remember camping from an overlook of the valley and swimming at the hot springs. CO was on the list too, so we could do it on the way to Moab.

Damn, that looks like fun! I was gonna ask if a newbie to wheelin' in a rig with a mild lift and 31" tires could handle Moab, but then I saw the sixth picture down, and decided it was too much for me. That anti-gravity kit you installed is the bomb! Where'd you get it? :D

Reactions: ac_
Damn, that looks like fun! I was gonna ask if a newbie to wheelin' in a rig with a mild lift and 31" tires could handle Moab, but then I saw the sixth picture down, and decided it was too much for me. That anti-gravity kit you installed is the bomb! Where'd you get it? :D
Yes, you can do Moab with a mild lift and 31"s. There are all kinds of trails from Mild to Wild. We had a couple guys in a stock TJ join in with us for the "Fins and Things" trail.

We're doing Ouray after Moab.
I’m planning to do Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon after. MTB and trails in Moab and Colorado. Should be about a 3 week trip for us. Maybe a week + in Moab

Gonna fit the whole troop into that little TJ, @JMT? That'll be impressive! :D
Ha, Ha, yeah right! Initially the trip was me and my twin boys, who will be 13, almost 14 at that time. Then my wife wanted to go (not to ride the trails, just to go), and my three daughters, so now I think I’ll be getting a tow...

Ha, Ha, yeah right! Initially the trip was me and my twin boys, who will be 13, almost 14 at that time. Then my wife wanted to go (not to ride the trails, just to go), and my three daughters, so now I think I’ll be getting a tow...

I think you'll be renting one of those 4X4 conversion vans, actually! :D