TJ Carpet Options

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Tell me the pros and cons of what is available , aside from bedrug and bedtred.

Looking for tough, easy to clean and affordable.

AndyG

I really like the thick pile and mass backing of ACC. I got it in black and can’t see any dirt after 6 months of use. It’s quieter inside and warmer - I can tell that positively. They give the pieces cut long with 1-2” of extra on each piece each direction so you can make sure the fit is perfect with trimming.

Reactions: L J and AndyG
Thank you .
I really like the thick pile and mass backing of ACC. I got it in black and can’t see any dirt after 6 months of use. It’s quieter inside and warmer - I can tell that positively. They give the pieces cut long with 1-2” of extra on each piece each direction so you can make sure the fit is perfect with trimming.
Is it easy to put in , and can you remove to wash?

Thank you .

Is it easy to put in , and can you remove to wash?
Goes in an out exactly the same as factory carpet - only long part was removing the center console - but I’m pretty sure you can just loosen it up and slide it under. I haven’t had to wash it yet but it seems to be very durable. Overall it just made my Jeep look 100 times better (as opposed to bare floors and mats) plus more comfortable. I had so do some trimming with install - but I’m honestly glad it was given extra so it doesn’t looks half ass or too short on edges.

Reactions: AndyG
Cant for the life of me figure out why anyone would want carpet in any vehicle. Carpet was specifically made for homes , for warmth and softness on your feet, when does that ever happen in any vehicle? In the front nothing but your heels mostly ever touch the carpet. Carpet has nothing going for it in a vehicle , especially in a truck or off road vehicle. I have vinyl flooring in my pick up and its 4 yrs old and still "literally" looks like new, I blow it out with compressed air or sweep it out with a foxtail / counter brush, wipe it down with a soapy rag and it looks great, and best of all, it does not hold odors like carpet. Spill anything on it and it wipes up-- cant do that with carpet. And most people put rubber floor mats in anyway.

Go with the bed tred or what was recommended in post #5- I went with bed tred cause the other stuff said you had to do a bunch of trimming-- let us know what you get and how you like it. The full bed tred is pricey though- a bit over $400

Reactions: Zorba
C
Cant for the life of me figure out why anyone would want carpet in any vehicle. Carpet was specifically made for homes , for warmth and softness on your feet, when does that ever happen in any vehicle? In the front nothing but your heels mostly ever touch the carpet. Carpet has nothing going for it in a vehicle , especially in a truck or off road vehicle. I have vinyl flooring in my pick up and its 4 yrs old and still "literally" looks like new, I blow it out with compressed air or sweep it out with a foxtail / counter brush, wipe it down with a soapy rag and it looks great, and best of all, it does not hold odors like carpet. Spill anything on it and it wipes up-- cant do that with carpet. And most people put rubber floor mats in anyway.

Go with the bed tred or what was recommended in post #5- I went with bed tred cause the other stuff said you had to do a bunch of trimming-- let us know what you get and how you like it. The full bed tred is pricey though- a bit over $400
Carpet cuts down on noise, vibrations, and heat. And at the end of the day, it looks great. Plus it makes music sound Much better.

I've had stock carpet, ACC rplacements, and BedRug (in my last three Jeeps). If I put any carpet in, it would be BedRug. Yes it costs more, but it lasts. I've had it in my LJ for more than 6 years now. It's be wet, muddy, dusty and everything in between. I've pulled it and cleaned it, several times, and it still looks great.

That said, if I were to do it again, I'd likely take my Jeep to a quality place that does color matched spray in lining. I'd then throw in some cheap rubber floor mats and call it done. There's nothing more simple than this, or quicker, when it comes to cleaning.

At one time I had thought about the spray in lining-- but lots of people think your trying to cover up rust or some defect

Carpet cuts down on noise, vibrations, and heat. And at the end of the day, it looks great. Plus it makes music sound Much better.
This got me to thinking if there was something besides carpet that would do something similar without strictly being carpet. For some reason, my mind went to astroturf...and of course, it turns out that someone has already done this to a car before.

https://jalopnik.com/this-chevrolet-astro-with-a-turf-carpet-is-a-bad-pun-on-1830185369

I've got a friend in Baltimore selling a brand new in box front & back Bedrug set for $300 in case anyone is interested.
Thank you that's a pretty good deal I'm just trying to think of a way to get it fresh ... And have something I could yank out fast.

This got me to thinking if there was something besides carpet that would do something similar without strictly being carpet. For some reason, my mind went to astroturf...and of course, it turns out that someone has already done this to a car before.

https://jalopnik.com/this-chevrolet-astro-with-a-turf-carpet-is-a-bad-pun-on-1830185369
Bedtred. A rubberized floor thats molded for the TJ and LJ. Not ideal for me personally, as it doesnt “look,” as good as some nice carpet.

Reactions: mots

I agree on the ACC. Easy install and really improved the interior. If you go with this, I suggest using velcro on the L and R front outer side panels, and you may need a hair dryer or a light touch with a heat gun prior to install with the velcro.

Reactions: mots