TJ fender flare recommendations

Adagusti

Hey guys,
Looking for new flares and at the moment I like the rugged ridge all terrain 6’’
I don’t like flat flares so if you guys can recommend another than the rugged in case they are better one out there it would be great

IMG_9708.jpeg

How much coverage do you need? I'm not sure how strict the laws or enforcement of said laws are in Australia. I'm not really a fan of the pocket flares (and haven't seen a lot of love for them around here). If wide flares are needed/wanted, I prefer the look of the factory style wide flares like the 7" Red Rocks (other brands too, just that look) if you were wide. They would look a little silly if it wasn't wide enough to need those though.

When you say you don't like flat flares are you referring to the KBD style or the metal flat fender type that replace the whole fender? Or both?

How much coverage do you need? I'm not sure how strict the laws or enforcement of said laws are in Australia. I'm not really a fan of the pocket flares (and haven't seen a lot of love for them around here). If wide flares are needed/wanted, I prefer the look of the factory style wide flares like the 7" Red Rocks (other brands too, just that look) if you were wide. They would look a little silly if it wasn't wide enough to need those though.

When you say you don't like flat flares are you referring to the KBD style or the metal flat fender type that replace the whole fender? Or both?

Factory flares are only around 4” so this should look better I don’t have crazy tires just 33

Export models may be different, but standard TJ flares are 3.25" and Rubicon flares were 4.25". Would Rubicon flares work for you? I know you've got those new AEV wheels so I'm not sure how wide they are sticking out.

There's been a few people that have gone with the Rough Country flare and they've been reported as right at Rubicon width regardless of what they claim (I think 5.5"). They do have a little RC logo though. But there are other Rubicon flares options if that width works.

Export models may be different, but standard TJ flares are 3.25" and Rubicon flares were 4.25". Would Rubicon flares work for you? I know you've got those new AEV wheels so I'm not sure how wide they are sticking out.

There's been a few people that have gone with the Rough Country flare and they've been reported as right at Rubicon width regardless of what they claim (I think 5.5"). They do have a little RC logo though. But there are other Rubicon flares options if that width works.

Australian models got the Rubi/Sahara width flares across the board.

Reactions: bbaldwin237