TJ jolts left and right very easily

Thanks to some good advice, i was able to change out the Shocks and ordered the RS5000X (hopefully i got that right), not a fan of the red boots but will look for another color to put on. Anyone know a company that sells these to fit the Rancho?

Good call on the hi-lift jack, but i will need a jack somewhere? Whats a good jack to keep inside the jeep?

Thanks to some good advice, i was able to change out the Shocks and ordered the RS5000X (hopefully i got that right), not a fan of the red boots but will look for another color to put on. Anyone know a company that sells these to fit the Rancho?

Good call on the hi-lift jack, but i will need a jack somewhere? Whats a good jack to keep inside the jeep?

Many of us with ranchos just don't run the boot. Be sure you paint/coat the shock cans since they are prone to rust. Just a little sanding and a coat or two of spray paint should work.

Most guys I run with just use their OEM jack that's under the passenger seat. A few have a bigger bottle jack too.

Stock jack "should" be under the passenger seat...all you will need. Yeah ditch the red boots and paint the shocks as surface rust might appear. It just looks bad and does not hinder performance, you will love them.

With that lift, I would seriously consider getting rid of the slip yoke too. Since the mechanic is going to have the Jeep for a bit, now may be a practical time for the upgrade.

Reactions: Flivver250

There is a new thread on that one ..maybe it will help ..I need to check it out too guy.

Work complete much better, still not where I feel it’s right but not bad. I think part of it is just the big a$$ tires on that short wheelbase causing the bumping feeling.
A017E360-9D8B-4DD7-8E67-D3383A18A409.jpeg
D917FDA6-57E7-4CC5-A92C-65F19B46DF35.jpeg
CBAD5BD2-BA3C-477A-962C-36C0DC5DB96D.jpeg
A1FFA9CA-7F5F-4AAC-9686-28F4BC642C07.jpeg

Glad you achieved some improvement. I assume your wrench checked the ball joints for play. My buddy's basically stock TJ had sloppy steering, I checked it out and all I could find was one obviously worn BJ. I replaced all four BJs (axle seals as well as a prophylactic measure) and the steering was good again.

That is a mighty fine looking Jeep.
God luck with everything.
Most people here don't like the red shock boots, but I do since I have red seat covers.
You can send me the red shock boots, mine are busted!