TJ / LJ PCM long term reports

Moto Mike

Greetings,
A little late to this PCM party, but I am searching for some long term PCM repair/replace results. Mine just died here the other day and I am on the fence as to how to proceed. Examined all (most) of the ones suggested, been on yelp/google and read reviews,been on ebay and visited jeep salvage yard sites. Buying from a yard looks like it will yield a 13 year old unit that could fail sooner than latter and I could be right where I am now . Some of the reviews of warranty/customer service of the existing repair/rebuilt out fits leaves me a little less than enthused. Can any one comment on the results you've experienced and where you finally found good results?

Thanks.

There was a thread posted of this issue possibly having a solution. Some engineers have designed their own PCM after several months of conducting studies. I tried to find the thread but cant seem to locate it. I believe the price was around $500 plus shipping & handling.

Maybe someone will chime in and link to the thread. Good luck.

Greetings,
A little late to this PCM party, but I am searching for some long term PCM repair/replace results. Mine just died here the other day and I am on the fence as to how to proceed. Examined all (most) of the ones suggested, been on yelp/google and read reviews,been on ebay and visited jeep salvage yard sites. Buying from a yard looks like it will yield a 13 year old unit that could fail sooner than latter and I could be right where I am now . Some of the reviews of warranty/customer service of the existing repair/rebuilt out fits leaves me a little less than enthused. Can any one comment on the results you've experienced and where you finally found good results?

Thanks.

See this thread here: Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

A number of people in that thread have had their PCM rebuilt or replaced and have provided long term updates on how they've held up.