TJ Scale Model

MoorparkMark

Supporting Member
Greetings from soggy Southern California.

I’m looking to buy a scale model TJ for my bookshelf. So far I’ve had no luck finding one in diecast or kit form. I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Moorparkmark

My wife bought me this one this Christmas. Same color as my TJ too.
IMG_20181227_112034567.jpg
IMG_20181227_112057758.jpg

I’ve got an SCX10 with the exact same body! Spent a long time building it up and modifying it, back when I was too young to own an actual Jeep lol, I wanted a tj body but no one makes one

That silver Rubicon body is the closest thing to a TJ body they sell unfortunately. At least it's 2 doors! Lol

Reactions: MoorparkMark
That silver Rubicon body is the closest thing to a TJ body they sell unfortunately. At least it's 2 doors! Lol
Well tamiya make (or did make, it’s been a while since I’ve been up to date with rc stuff) a YJ hardbody, which i’d seen ‘converted’ to a TJ (basically just the grill) because of the similarity of the tub etc. I actually tried this myself but I’m terrible at bodywork, gave up and bought the jk proline body lol

Well tamiya make (or did make, it’s been a while since I’ve been up to date with rc stuff) a YJ hardbody, which i’d seen ‘converted’ to a TJ (basically just the grill) because of the similarity of the tub etc. I actually tried this myself but I’m terrible at bodywork, gave up and bought the jk proline body lol

They make this one still:

Greetings from soggy Southern California.

I’m looking to buy a scale model TJ for my bookshelf. So far I’ve had no luck finding one in diecast or kit form. I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Moorparkmark

The Maisto model came this morning. Pretty cool, paint could be better but it did travel all the way from China.