TJ sputters while accelerating

Sorry if I am bumping this old thread (not sure if I should create a new one), however, I have a similar problem. It sputters when COLD, but runs just fine once it heats up. It's been getting worse (and sputtering longer) and the check engine light was flashing this morning (never seen it do that). I can go to my local Autozone to get the code, but I wondered if anyone had solved that already. TIA

Sorry if I am bumping this old thread (not sure if I should create a new one), however, I have a similar problem. It sputters when COLD, but runs just fine once it heats up. It's been getting worse (and sputtering longer) and the check engine light was flashing this morning (never seen it do that). I can go to my local Autozone to get the code, but I wondered if anyone had solved that already. TIA

You can read the codes by doing 3 times click with key like this. Does it smell like unburnt gasoline from exhaust?

Also you can just unplug the o2 sensor before catalysator without actual removing of o2 sensor, its huge pita, you may even hurt yourself applying great pressur to remove it. Unplug the wire and if o2 sensor is bad the idle will become normal. Its temporary, but you can drive 1-2 days like that

No. It's almost random. The codes come back as the downstream O2 sensor. ( Just had it read today). Interestingly enough this is the 1st time that code has popped but it has had this problem for a while. It only got worse recently