TJ still shakes at 60 mph after recent balance and alignment

Cam bolts only came on early models, my 97 had them and my 04 does not. They stopped including them around 1999.

That horseshoe is used with the cam bolts, correct? My 05 had been lifted etc, but it had cam bolts. It had a TC drop, so assuming they used they were using inexpensive ways to make the corrections etc. PO was a younger guy in the Army, so wasn't dropping coin for DA CA's from Currie, ha. I get it, I didn't know they weren't on there originally.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Any updates?

After messing with my wheels i came to assumption that my wobbles in 60 mph zone is rim related.
My rims are hub centric, but they are not sitting snug on the hub, there is a slight space probably less than a millimeter large between a hub and center bore of the wheel. So that got me thinking and i wondered if lowering the Jeep just enough to prevent wheel from spinning to torque the lug nuts was causing misalignment. Also, all of my rims have a pain wear in one spot of the center bore, which i think supports my assumption.

This time i torqued the lug nuts with wheels in the air, went for a drive, and the drive was smooth.
55-60-65-70 it was almost perfect in comparison to previously when i could feel that i am getting close to 60mph without looking at a speedometer.
Now i need to test this by moving wheels around just in case if some wheels prefer to stay in the rear or front, because previously moving rear wheels to the front has always caused issues. Just in case Im gonna make marks on rims and brake rotors to make sure that i can mount them back exactly the way they are right now.

PXL_20220831_201709306.jpg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford